Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » What is a Re Mixer?

What is a Re Mixer?

Radioontheshelf
permalink   Sat, Jul 3, 2021 @ 1:34 PM
When I first came to CCMixter it was as a poacher! I found the site by chance and saw it as a way to get ideas for my paid work. It did the job and it was more than a year before I bothered to upload a mix.

Soon however I got bitten by the CCM bug and in my first incarnation as “Radiotimes” I set about creating 100s of mixes. In doing so I found a source of musical nirvana that I had not felt before. Despite not knowing any of my fellow mixters ( and to this day I have never met another Mixter)I found myself enjoying creating and listening to a vast library of music. But now it seems its just a few of us who keep massaging our egos and uploading stuff. Where did all the mixters go?

Has the very premise of CCM been broken as now even the slightest nod to a sample allows us to upload something masquerading as a remix. I am one of the worst offenders.

Is it now not time to go back to the original idea and start creating music using mainly CCM samples?

What can be done to bring the magic back?
airtone
permalink   Mon, Jul 5, 2021 @ 12:12 AM
I used to browse the latest samples and acappellas to find ideas for tracks and then upload occasionally, but for me the new sections don’t have the same usability flow. I still do secret mixters as I can go direct to a user’s page and browse the uploads in the same way as before.
I don’t like to criticise as I know a lot of work goes into the changes, but hopefully it’s useful feedback for future directions.

permalink   Subliminal Mon, Jul 5, 2021 @ 9:29 AM
Quote: airtoneI used to browse the latest samples and acappellas to find ideas for tracks and then upload occasionally, but for me the new sections don’t have the same usability flow. I still do secret mixters as I can go direct to a user’s page and browse the uploads in the same way as before.
I don’t like to criticise as I know a lot of work goes into the changes, but hopefully it’s useful feedback for future directions.

I have to agree on all accounts. I never really got into the beta version of these pages. And I too don’t want to take away from all the time and energy put into these changes. I even toyed with the idea to create my own little search engine utilising the Query API.
BeatMachine
permalink   Tue, Jun 21, 2022 @ 6:44 PM
when i started the rule was you were
“remixing” the origional tracks w editing + samples

somewhere that turned into
making it into a different style/song