Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Where'd the Reviews Section Go?

Where'd the Reviews Section Go?

victor
permalink   Fri, Mar 10, 2006 @ 8:14 PM
The reviews sections has been revised, redone and relocated

http://ccmixter.org/media/r...

Each user profile now displays how many reviews that person has left and how many have been left for them, with links to see a listing of both.

New policy: You can only "review" an upload once. After that you can reply to other’s reviews, but it won’t count as a "review" any more. You can not review your own song (that’s what upload descriptions are for) but again, you can reply to other’s. So the new review counts are based on the new policy

Each artist now has their own reviews feed as well, look for the orange button on the right side of the artist’s review page above.

In fact each upload has it’s own review feed now.

everything should continue to operate and I tried to make sure all the important features here in the forum are also in the new review system.

If I missed anything or you find a bug use the contact admin link at the bottom of every page to get in touch.

Peace,
Victor
shagrugge
permalink   Fri, Mar 10, 2006 @ 8:35 PM
some are resistant to drastic change…I think I like this. It’s a solid idea. Thanx again Vic.

One question: Why the security key to review a track?
victor
permalink   Thu, Mar 23, 2006 @ 11:23 AM
sorry about that shag, I missed the question at the end of your message:

it’s to prevent (or more accurately discourage) bots from spamming the boards with ads. (something that I was dealing with a lot on these phpbb2 board).

VS