Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Cold Ears (Kalte Ohren) Remix Context

Cold Ears (Kalte Ohren) Remix Context

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sun, Mar 24, 2019 @ 11:59 AM

Cold Ears Remix Contest

Remix Starfrosch and Jerry Spoon — and your track may be selected for their 2020 album release! The track “Kalte Ohren” (German for Cold Ears) has a robust sample pack, ready for your remixing delight.

Kalte Ohren (Cold Ears) Stems HERE.

Starfrosch, a well known advocate of Creative Commons Music, and Jerry Spoon, a Swiss music producer and owner of Studio Voisier, have teamed up for a collaborative music project that is expected to rock the Creative Commons music world. They’ve invited the ccMixter community to contribute to their creative process by remixing the track “Kalte Ohren” for inclusion on their 2020 album release. Both Starfrosch and Jerry Spoon acknowledge their deep respect for the ccMixter community and are looking forward to our contribution.

ccMixter is the most vibrant culture of Creative Commons music in the world.” ~Starfrosch

We couldn’t agree more.

In addition to sharing Creative Commons music through his blog, podcast and chart, Starfrosch helped found the Open Music Network — and ccMixter is a contributing member of the group.

This remix contest is a great way for the ccMIxter community to continue spreading the culture of remixing across the Open Music Network and Creative Commons communities around the world.

Starfrosch and Jerry Spoon will include their favorite ccMixter remix from this event on their album and promote it across all platforms. ccMixter will promote all contributing artists on our networks as well.

About the Track:
Kalte Ohren (Cold Ears): It was January, it was minus degrees. We had an appointment at Jerry’s Studio. Our pianist Chrigu took the wrong train stop and walked for hours in the cold winter to find the studio and got very, very cold ears. So, if you have cold ears, warm them up with a sample or a pell or a remix and melt the world of CC music with your contribution. It’s time to sing! It’s time to play! It’s time to remix!

Event Guidelines:

Dates: March 24th-April 7th
Create an inspiring remix of “Kalte Ohren” (Cold Ears) composed by Starfrosch and produced by Jerry Spoon. The album release will feature deep house, house and all sort of electronic genres, but the event is open to all types of remixes and arrangements. Can you sing? Write and record a vocal hook for this highly danceable track.

One track will be selected by Jerry Spoon and Starfrosch and will appear on their next album.

Note: Uploads can be submitted under various Creative Commons licenses, but only CC-BY licensed tracks will be considered for inclusion on the album.

Watch the “Kalte Ohren” Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYrU9BDegA

So let’s get mixing!

Pells
Samples
Remixes
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Mar 27, 2019 @ 2:31 PM
I really dig what the Open Music Network is doing, and what Starfrosch is doing to shine the light no creative commons music.

And yes, we are the most vibrant remix community!!!

Stoked to hear what comes in from this one.

I’ve added a pell and will get some stems in soon hopefully.

permalink   starfrosch Wed, Mar 27, 2019 @ 2:37 PM
Thanks a lot!

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Mar 28, 2019 @ 4:12 PM
Just uploaded a little backup vox! Hope you dig, Spin and Star! :D

permalink   starfrosch Sun, Mar 31, 2019 @ 1:37 PM
Kara, indeed cool stuff.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Mar 27, 2019 @ 2:35 PM

Does this actually work?

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Mar 28, 2019 @ 4:13 PM
My vote is YES!!!

❄👂+🎧=🔥🕺💃

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Mar 29, 2019 @ 8:12 AM
I’ve actually tried this before LOL — it helps ;)

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Mar 30, 2019 @ 7:52 PM
From a Canadian - yes it works. Long as it is above -10 degrees celsius.
Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Apr 2, 2019 @ 9:27 AM
I am SOOOOOOO excited by the remixes coming in… such QUALITY and variety! I’m constantly in awe of our creative community…

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Apr 6, 2019 @ 8:57 AM
i just started listening this morning and all is can say is WOW!!!

permalink   Kara Square Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 8:22 AM
Right!!!??? This has been really fun… it’s neat to have the community focus on one specific song. Definitely an interesting way for us to get creative!
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 9:26 AM
AND THE WINNER IS……

Kalte Ohren ( Remix ) by Dysfunction_AL

http://ccmixter.org/files/destinazione_altrove/59536

This track will be included on Starfrosch & Jerry Spoon’s upcoming album with the working title “Neo-Hippie.”

Congrats to Alessio!! What a fantastic remix.

Thanks to all of the Mixters for contributing your talent and time to this project — you are each an inspiration to me.

permalink   starfrosch Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 9:48 AM
Thanks to everyone who participated on this contest. It was so much pleasure and there were so many high quality contributions. I wish you all the best and keep this vibrant community alive.

…and the winner is…

permalink   Kara Square Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 10:39 AM
AWESOME! Congrats Dysfunction_AL!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

permalink   Jerry_Spoon Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 12:00 PM
yaaaassssssssssssss!! what a nice remix! thanks for all competitors! :)

permalink   Admiral Bob Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 1:47 PM
At ccMixter we’re not competitors. We’re bandmates in the world’s biggest band.

permalink   Dysfunction_AL Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 1:51 PM
Oh yeah!

permalink   J.Lang Sat, Apr 13, 2019 @ 9:03 AM
Congrats !!!!!!!!!

permalink   J.Lang Sat, Apr 13, 2019 @ 9:04 AM
Congrats !!!!!!!!!

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 2:58 PM
Yes, yes yes! ccMixter is one big global band! I’m SO honored to create with all of you.

And i agree with Speck — Dysfunction_AL, you 100% deserve it!!!

permalink   Dysfunction_AL Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 1:53 PM
* blushes * Thanks!

permalink   Admiral Bob Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 2:01 PM
You deserve it

permalink   Speck Mon, Apr 8, 2019 @ 2:50 PM
You absolutely deserve it. I don’t imagine there was even any discussion about it.

permalink   Apoxode Tue, Apr 9, 2019 @ 7:08 PM
Congratulations!

permalink   Mana Junkie Sat, Apr 13, 2019 @ 9:44 AM
Congratz! It’s a boss sound.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Aug 26, 2019 @ 8:15 AM
The album is out!!!

Blog Post Here