Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » search by request

search by request

JohnBozi
permalink   Mon, Oct 30, 2017 @ 6:28 PM
I am new here so have not looked through hundreds of posts to see if this has been mentioned.

This is what I have noticed from other sites that I think would work excellent here.

Have a

lyrics search box - so when you are looking for someone singing the words “Pink” you could find a song where someone sings the word….

Have a button for samples to be separated by real instruments and synth….

The acapella section could use a male female option

the key of the song could be included in a seperate search box similar to bpm…

all these types of things make mixing choosing etc. loads easier.

hope this helps and I am incredibly grateful for what already exists just would like to offer ideas on how to improve.

create!
JohnBozi
permalink   Sat, Nov 4, 2017 @ 12:15 PM
another point that would encourage sharing more would be to relax rules on what samples and remixes are.

For example, if write and record something I can’t upload that anywhere even though I consider it a sample, others might say that its a complete song… Often times I create short remixes that I don’t see as complete pieces but something I want someone to work with….

Going back and editing pieces and reuploading them does not show up anywhere for people to see in any “new” lists. So it encourages people to keep creating new pieces and not fine tuning older pieces.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Nov 5, 2017 @ 11:47 AM
You can upload your original pieces of work like you’ve described as a sample, and best practice is to upload the separate tracks you used to create that work along with it.

Same thing with remixes. If you have used other artists source in a project that is in your mind not complete, but you still want to upload it and encourage other mixters to collaborate with you, upload the separate tracks along with the remix.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Nov 5, 2017 @ 11:49 AM
following you on soundcloud now! thanks for posting.

permalink   JohnBozi Tue, Nov 7, 2017 @ 11:30 AM
thanks for replying,

the other thing is although I ticked all the notification boxes I don’t see notifications… or get emails that something has happened…

my problem with uploading parts: my demo version of fl studio doesnt allow me to revisit pieces. I attempted to this for some new stuff and the files were over 50mb in wave format.

I will get there some how… not happening for me well yet..

I also save many versions of a piece I am working on in case it crashes and I lose it. I should upload these.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Nov 7, 2017 @ 1:00 PM
There was a situation a while back with our e-mail being blocked by the major servers…cuz they identified it as spam….so you have to add ccmixter to your contacts list in your e-mail server.