Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Need help from the community to identify remix

Need help from the community to identify remix

Teslan Wolff
permalink   Thu, Jun 8, 2017 @ 8:54 AM
Hello, everyone! This has been plauging me for awhile but there is this remix of Broken by Trifonic that was put into a youtube video in which I’ll provide the link; and after I asked the creator, they had forgotten what remix of it was but they confirmed that it did infact come from DigCCmixter. However I’m having trouble finding it and I’m really gung-ho finding this track because it fits perfectly with a scene in my little film coming up and I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help identify this track, where it might be and if its deleted or not if that’s the case.

The track in question plays in the background of

THIS VIDEO
from 0:20 to 4:05

Thank you!~
texasradiofish
permalink   Fri, Jun 9, 2017 @ 9:15 PM
34 remixes of Broken list here

permalink   Teslan Wolff Tue, Jun 13, 2017 @ 11:42 AM
I’ve checked that list

Can you double check for me that the remix in the video is definitely not within those 34?

Maybe I’ve missed it

permalink   Teslan Wolff Sun, Jul 9, 2017 @ 9:42 AM
Have you seen the video yet?
Doxent Zsigmond
permalink   Wed, Sep 13, 2017 @ 4:30 AM
Can be Lasswell’s remix. Can’t find it though. Probably unlisted or deleted.

http://ccmixter.org/people/...

permalink   TheCreativDragon Sat, Sep 16, 2017 @ 9:08 AM
Maybe, I’ll give it a shot and contact them

Upon further investigation, it seems that it’s primarily an “Emergence” remix WITH vocals from “Broken”, both samples that are from Trifonic.

The piano and bassline are most likely from the remixer.
TheCreativDragon
permalink   Sat, Sep 16, 2017 @ 9:07 AM
Upon further investigation, it seems that it’s primarily an “Emergence” remix WITH vocals from “Broken”, both samples that are from Trifonic.

The piano and bassline however might be from the remixer themselves so that’s where I’m stuck.

permalink   s.c.mixer Sun, Sep 24, 2017 @ 4:06 PM
I was browsing the forums after (quite) some time and came across this question.

The remix you are looking for is Lasswell ft. Amelia June & Trifonic “Pink Clouds Reprise Mix” (circa 2008), but he removed it from his uploads.
I used it in a lounge compilation as the closing track:
https://archive.org/details/CCMixterUnwindLoungeEditionVol1

It’s a pity that this youtuber (an surely others that used ccMixter tracks) did not give credit to the music she used. Actually it’s kind of annoying.

Also I don’t understand why producers take down remixes. This track got an editor pick and was very popular at that time.