Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Mobile version broken

Mobile version broken

PorchCat
permalink   Mon, Feb 6, 2017 @ 10:42 AM
The mobile version of the website is badly broken. Styling doesn’t come through for the most part, so it appears as a mostly non-functional unformatted site. File links give permission errors on mobile that deliver no problem on desktop. Play links are unformatted and non-functional. At least for now, please disable the mobile site. I’d rather drag and zoom or ask Chrome to make the site mobile friendly than have the site be non-working on my phone.

Browser: latest update of Chrome
PorchCat
permalink   Mon, Feb 6, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
Is there a dev version of ccHost available for download? I’m pretty sure that at least some changes have been made on ccMixter since the last stable version available for download (7 1/2 years old). If I can’t get the styling in ccHost to be responsive myself, I’ll personally find someone who will out of my pool of web dev contractors and pay them out of pocket as a gift to ccMixter and the Creative Commons software project.

*meow*

permalink   Admiral Bob Tue, Feb 7, 2017 @ 8:42 AM
Very kind. We’ve moved it over to gitHub, so there is more recent code than that.

ccMixter is in several pieces, and ccHost is only one of the parts of these. Here it all is.

https://github.com/ArtisTechMedia

permalink   PorchCat Tue, Feb 7, 2017 @ 9:13 AM
Just what I was asking for! Beautiful. I’ll check it out.

*meow*

permalink   PorchCat Tue, Feb 7, 2017 @ 9:26 AM
I know that dev time is a premium and dealing with legacy code and issues can be somewhat time-consuming. I’m happy to have my skills and social network align with a site need. I’ll update with a timeline after I dig through the code and get started or have someone else get started. I’ll also post a fork on GitHub for ease of testing, comparing changes, importing code at convenience, etc.

*meow*

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Feb 9, 2017 @ 7:19 AM
Ummm… thank you, PorchCat!