Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Searching For Samples Used Coming Up Empty

Searching For Samples Used Coming Up Empty

Pat Chilla The Beat Gorilla
permalink   Sat, Feb 25, 2006 @ 4:45 PM
Hey Victor,

I can’t upload a remix at the moment because the system doesn’t find any results when searching. Even if I put the exact name of the artist or song I still come up empty.
permalink   Sat, Feb 25, 2006 @ 5:10 PM
Ok, I went to the song I used and selected "I sampled this" and it brought up the appropriate page and came up with the search results I needed.
victor
permalink   Sat, Feb 25, 2006 @ 6:43 PM
I bet it was "América Central"

that ‘é’ is what threw everything off (it’s not an english ‘e’)

searching for ‘central’ though gets it.
permalink   Sat, Feb 25, 2006 @ 9:56 PM
That was one of them, but it was everything. I tried Tru_Ski, haunted house chorus(and variations of that) and Dr_concoction and spark before I gave up.
victor
permalink   Sat, Feb 25, 2006 @ 10:58 PM
I’ve looked around and can’t find anything wrong…

also confusing is that they’re all credited on your upload so it did work (eventually, I guess?)
permalink   Sun, Feb 26, 2006 @ 2:36 PM
Right. Everything works for me if I go to an artists page and click "I sampled this..", it takes me to the submit a remix page with the sample selected checkmarked and the others also come up when I use the search function. Its just when I go straight to submit files/submit a remix, is where I run into problems. I just tried it again and I don’t get any search results at all. I even tried "fourstones" as a query and still nothing. So I went to your page and selected disFUNKshun as a sample. Once back at the submit a remix page I used "fourstones" again as a keyword and this time all the works came up. Kinda strange.
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Feb 26, 2006 @ 4:47 PM
I was just tryin to submit files and encountered something similar…I was able to get the samples to show up after hittin the search button (instead of enter key after putting in a keyword)

However I never got the mix uploaded when I hit upload it just returns me to the upload page without any error message. I checked the file size and it’s definitely under 10MB…not sure what the issue is but I can’t seem to get an upload to take.
victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 26, 2006 @ 4:51 PM
rrrg.

all I can think of are developer cliches "it works on my machine" and "it’s the same code in both cases" which are both true but doesn’t help you.

it’s pretty basic functionality of the site so it has me concerned (although no one else seems to be having exactly that problem)

you’re on IE on XP home?

VS
Uncool Bob
permalink   Mon, Mar 20, 2006 @ 5:30 PM
I’m getting really variable results here.

If I search for title="ending the drought" (no quotes) first time I get nothing, then I get the result.

I can’t find any of my stuff at all (by author or title).

Fortunately I’m just playing around - don’t need to upload a mix right now. I was trying to find out if it was OK to post wav loops zip files along with a remix. Maybe I need to add a ‘samples’ tag or something?

no big rush for me victor, although I guess you want to get to the bottom of this. let me know if you want me to do any tests for you.
victor
permalink   Mon, Mar 20, 2006 @ 7:31 PM
You can’t find your own stuff because of this

VS
victor
permalink   Tue, Mar 21, 2006 @ 11:38 AM
oh, also: it is perfectly OK to post the tracks (in wav zip sounds great if they fit under 10 MB), just use ‘manage files’ from the remix’s page.

You should be able add the ‘sample’ tag to the file upload but you can’t right now. I can add it though once you’re done with all the uploads. (I’m working on fixing the samples issue.)
Uncool Bob
permalink   Tue, Mar 21, 2006 @ 12:45 PM
Hi Victor, yes please could you add the ‘sample’ tag to http://ccmixter.org/media/f... any time - no rush, thanks a lot.

I read the "sampling your own stuff" thread - it’s a complicated issue - I have no great ideas to fix it, sorry.

permalink   nice Mon, Jul 31, 2006 @ 12:52 PM
Quote: Rev. Ken CabalHi Victor, yes please could you add the ‘sample’ tag to http://ccmixter.org/media/f... any time - no rush, thanks a lot.

I read the “sampling your own stuff” thread - it’s a complicated issue - I have no great ideas to fix it, sorry.

????
victor
permalink   Tue, Mar 21, 2006 @ 1:27 PM
Quote: Hi Victor, yes please could you add the ‘sample’ tag to

done