Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Can’t use any of the tabs that are labeled “new”

Can’t use any of the tabs that are labeled “new”

Kevin Wielock
permalink   Tue, Jan 3, 2017 @ 9:58 PM
Can’t use any of the tabs that are labeled “new”, such as Samples, A Cappellas and Playlists. The other tabs work. Anything with //beta such as http://beta.ccmixter.org/stems will just hang with the rotating black dot thing.
Happens using iMac or ipad using Safari 5.1.10, or with Android phone. Is this a known problem or beta testing still? Thanks
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Jan 4, 2017 @ 8:10 AM
It is working for me right now. I’m using Ubuntu though.

I know the dev team is constantly working on the beta site, so sometimes it goes down for awhile and then comes back. Try again and let us know what happens.

btw-checked out your mixes, nice work! Do you have a soundcloud page or any other sites for your music? We should follow each other!

permalink   Kevin Wielock Wed, Jan 4, 2017 @ 12:01 PM
Still no luck..it has not been working for me for a long time …month or so. Probably since the new tabs. Therfore I’m not able to work.on very much. I can’t search or down load samples directly .. Ps thank complement .. I don’t have a website or anything yet. I look forward to listening to your material.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Jan 5, 2017 @ 11:48 AM
Check out Porchcat’s workaround for searching the site’s samples through an old tag cloud from way way back. Pretty useful.

forum post:

http://ccmixter.org/thread/3934#234825

ccMixter Tag cloud link:
http://ccmixter.org/tags/

PorchCat
permalink   Sun, Jan 8, 2017 @ 5:29 PM
SM already posted a link to the tag cloud page.

My search/hunt workaround:
ccmixter.org/tags/[TAG]+sample

ccmixter.org/tags/[TAG]+acappella

The cloud page has a bunch of tags, but it’s not an exhaustive list. Take some guesses and explore. :D

*meow*

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Jan 10, 2017 @ 11:38 AM
Haha! Really, that cracked me up!

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Jan 10, 2017 @ 11:39 AM
Nice work around!

permalink   Kevin Wielock Tue, Jan 10, 2017 @ 5:48 PM
Quote: PorchCatSM already posted a link to the tag cloud page.

My search/hunt workaround:
ccmixter.org/tags/[TAG]+sample

ccmixter.org/tags/[TAG]+acappella

The cloud page has a bunch of tags, but it’s not an exhaustive list. Take some guesses and explore. :D

*meow*
Thanks for the help.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Wed, Jan 11, 2017 @ 9:32 AM
Did you find what you were looking for? btw-do promote your music anywhere else online? Twitter, soundcloud etc? Send us links so we can follow you.
Carosone
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2017 @ 1:59 PM
Unfortunately not a reply, just a +1 here, under Windows Explorer 11, not seeing anything of the “new” tabs, with the rotating dot thing. It’s not new, I’ve tried 30-40 times in the last 2 months.

permalink   Carosone Sat, Mar 17, 2018 @ 8:17 AM
After more than one year, I’ve never had access to any of the /beta links, and they are growing in the website, now counting Samples, ACappellas, Playlists and the special link of the latest news (for instance, in these days, the link to the Interstellar secret mixter listening mode).
I used to build arrangments and remixes out of acappellas and samples, but I couldn’t upload one single song in the last year.
I also see that uploads are less and less: do you really want to throw musicians out of this site for a stupid bug that is not addressed?

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Apr 16, 2018 @ 3:50 PM
Thanks for your patience. After many months without proper tech support, we’ve finally brought on a new tech team to fix this.

permalink   Carosone Wed, Apr 18, 2018 @ 10:30 AM
Thank you for reading and replying, we are both musicians and not I.T. so entering these bugs is difficult for both. In this year I could search in the people tag to upload old pellas and samples, but I never could pop on this website to see what’s new, what’s going on, as I was used to do daily. The bug is still there.

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Apr 20, 2018 @ 12:32 PM
So just got a response from our new tech volunteers:

Sorry about the new beta not working on a legacy browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer. Since the programming work on ccMixter is a volunteer effort, chances are pretty low that we’ll be able to keep things working for all legacy platforms, while doing the considerable work to modernize the site. It may be worthwhile to try one of the other multi-platform browsers, like Mozilla’s Firefox or Google’s Chrome, if some of old versions of Microsoft’s or Apple’s browsers aren’t working anymore.

permalink   Carosone Sun, Apr 29, 2018 @ 10:29 AM
Yes!
Problem fixed with Google Chrome.

So ccmixters, don’t use MS Internet Explorer anymore!
rashmichaudhary
permalink   Fri, Aug 31, 2018 @ 1:54 AM
Thank you for this Post i’m also looking for the same.