Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Odeo.com

Odeo.com

shagrugge
permalink   Fri, Feb 3, 2006 @ 8:45 PM
http://www.odeo.com/channel...

Hey I’m wondering about why this website would be posting ccmixter tracks without giving artist credit on the page. It has a ton of ccmixter tracks and they all play but no where do I see the artists mentioned. Am I missing something? Aren’t reusers required to at least post the artist name with the track??

Every other website I’ve found with ccmixter artist music on it does so..but not Odeo…what’s the deal?
shagrugge
permalink   Fri, Feb 3, 2006 @ 8:57 PM
Odeo isn’t the only one there is a Japanese site too…it’s cool that the music is getting out there…but it would be nice to get credit for my mixes. They have our entire description that we enter upon upload copied over with the Mp3 link…so they should be able to have the the artist name with the track as well shouldn’t they??
victor
permalink   Sat, Feb 4, 2006 @ 12:56 AM
confession time: this may not be something they are doing (or not doing) the outgoing feeds had the wrong tag for author information in them until just yesterday. We’ll watch the site and they don’t pick up the new (correct) author information we’ll give them a buzz.
shagrugge
permalink   Sat, Feb 25, 2006 @ 11:08 PM
Quote: confession time: this may not be something they are doing (or not doing) the outgoing feeds had the wrong tag for author information in them until just yesterday. We’ll watch the site and they don’t pick up the new (correct) author information we’ll give them a buzz.

I still don’t see the author info posted on odeo…any ideas?
victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 26, 2006 @ 3:57 AM
I just don’t know enough about how they work, although I noticed that feed is "unclaimed", perhaps claiming owner affords privelages like turning on authorsihp.

Meanwhile I’ve notified cc staff about it.

VS