Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Upload glitch and Claire Fitch

Upload glitch and Claire Fitch

gurdonark
permalink   Sun, Jan 29, 2006 @ 11:22 AM
Hi—

I tried to upload a little 5 second promo for the radio. My mp3 sounds good, but despite several uploads and replacements, it never sounds when I play it back. It could be my player, of course. I left it unpublished so that one can see the track.

Also, it’s a tiny thing, and I am anything but a grammar and spelling maven, but Claire Fitch’s album is spelled "ambiancellist" on the site rather than the correct "ambiencellist". I know this is just a keystroke thing, over on the magnatune end, but is it possible to give Claire her credit under the right album title?

thanks! as ever.
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Jan 29, 2006 @ 11:45 AM
I had this problem last night when I first uploaded the promo…but I mixed down again and resaved over the file and it took the second time.

One other thing of note is my first attempt at upload the promo was only 4 seconds…and the upload window says between 5-10…I’m wondering if all promo uploads are scanned for length and somehow can cause this issue.
gurdonark
permalink   Sun, Jan 29, 2006 @ 1:21 PM
Quote: I had this problem last night when I first uploaded the promo…but I mixed down again and resaved over the file and it took the second time.

One other thing of note is my first attempt at upload the promo was only 4 seconds…and the upload window says between 5-10…I’m wondering if all promo uploads are scanned for length and somehow can cause this issue.

thanks for the ideas. I uploaded it twice more, it clocks in at 6 seconds, but when I hit stream, my media player says it’s "0" seconds, and no sounds emit. I’m usually pretty feeble with software, so it’s probably something I’m doing,but I can’t figure out what.
victor
permalink   Sun, Jan 29, 2006 @ 3:10 PM
Im hearing it just fine g, must be on your player’s end.

and yea, all the Magnatune stuff (including their typos) comes straight from the label.