Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Unpublish vs Delete

Unpublish vs Delete

thorwil
permalink   Sat, Jan 28, 2006 @ 4:12 AM
What is the difference between Unpublish and Delete? If only one of them were offered, I would expect the same behaviour either way …

I would think everyone wanting to remove a sample or track will run into this question.
victor
permalink   Sat, Jan 28, 2006 @ 8:02 AM
Unpublish is supposed simply hide the record of you upload from "the public" — only you (the person who uploaded it) and the admins can see the record. You can confirm this by logging out, there should be no sign of the upload visible. When you log back in you’ll see it again. This way you can edit the properties of the record (descriptions, files, remixes, tags, etc.) without letting other folks see it. When you’re satisfied with your changes you can then ‘Publish’ the works and it will be visible again.

delete will destroy the record and remove the files from our servers. it’s as if the upload and any record of it no longer exists. Delete can not be reversed.

that’s how it’s supposed to work — if you’re seeing something different it’s definitely a bug and something admins needs to look into right away.

Thanks,
VS
thorwil
permalink   Sat, Jan 28, 2006 @ 9:39 AM
Thanks for the explanation.

Now I remember the Publish checkbox on uploads, giving more sense to this.

Still I would like to propose for Unpublish be renamed to Hide.
On uploading the checkbox should also be Hide, then.
Hmm, no big deal anyway :)