Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Survey for electronic music & sound artists and contribu

Survey for electronic music & sound artists and contribu

NavinD
permalink   Sun, Dec 18, 2005 @ 6:07 PM
Dear ccMixterites,

Apologies for cross posting.

My name is Navin Doloswala. I am a doctoral student at the Australian Expert Group in Industry Studies (AEGIS) City Research Centre, University of Western Sydney, researching the electronic music industry. The research investigates interactions between artists and technologies and identifies pathways for better engagement of these actors. The research seeks to analyse the impacts of digital technologies on collaborations and how ownership regimes such as copyright and the creative commons impact on collaboration and creativity at the artist level of interaction. The research will also provide new insights into how creativity is linked to networks and tools in digitally mediated creative industries. I invite you to participate in this research by completing the attached questionnaire.

This questionnaire focuses on gathering basic information on the collaborative activities of electronic music artists and the impacts that systems of ownership have on collaboration and artistic expression. The online survey will be sent to emerging and established electronic music artists, members of music collectives, contributors to online open sound projects and artists participating in user communities and groups structured around software and hardware instruments. The empirical research will take place between December 2005 and May 2006. The analysis of data will highlight challenges and opportunities facing emerging artists.

The questionnaire will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

In addition I welcome any discussion of issues raised by the questionnaire either via the list or directly.

Thankyou for your participation

Here is a link to the survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?A=108350570E3648

Thanks for your participation,

Navin Doloswala
k.doloswala@uws.edu.au

Please note: If you do not wish to receive further emails from us, please click the link below, and you will be automatically removed from our mailing list.
http://www.surveymonkey.com...