Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » How to best post/archive a full recording session?

How to best post/archive a full recording session?

aliteralmind
permalink   Wed, Mar 20, 2013 @ 7:50 AM
As I mentioned in another thread

http://ccmixter.org/thread/...

my acapella-group recorded a background for one of my posted vocal-tracks.

I have around 1.7 gigs of information from the recording session and post-production (raw takes and Audacity files), and really need to get it off of my computer.

I thought that posting the information to ccmixter was appropriate, given all the raw tracks that could be remixed. It is well-organized into eight zips, and includes a long script of the specific steps I took.

Unfortunately, I’m getting the impression that the huge files are not acceptable to ccmixter. When I attempt to add it in the “Manage Files” page, I’m not even getting a “too large” message, just NOTHING—it’s as if I never attempted to add it.

Should I be chopping these zips down dramatically and trying again? Or is this simply not the site to do this type of archival?

If anyone has gone through this, I’d really appreciate your advice. Thank you!
TheDICE
permalink   Mon, Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:26 AM
I was in your same situation.
I beleive there’s a 15MB limit for the main file in acappella section. So maybe you need to:

1) optimize you audio files, if you didnt, maybe converting to mono, or erasing the silence at the start/end…

2) then create a multiarchive of 50mb zips, to add after the mixed mp3 (~15mb max)

so in this way you should be able to upload how much samples you like.

permalink   aliteralmind Mon, Apr 8, 2013 @ 5:57 AM
Thank you for the advice, and for sharing your experience. I’m going to try and split those zips into 50mb pieces and try again.