Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Crashing Flash player while playback.

Crashing Flash player while playback.

Doxent Zsigmond
permalink   Sat, Feb 9, 2013 @ 8:57 AM
This happens intermittently. Sometimes hard to catch and rare but once in a while I get messages that flash plugin crashed in firefox. This never happens on youtube and other sites like vimeo etc. but sometimes I get it while listening here. Maybe switching to html5 player would be better. Also ogg file support playback would be nice like they already have on wikipedia for very long time.
Zep Hurme
permalink   Fri, Feb 14, 2014 @ 4:40 AM
Yup. Same here. The player is crap and outdated.
Disaster of Music
permalink   Sun, Feb 16, 2014 @ 11:35 AM
I’ve also noticed that the player you get when your going down a list of remixes sounds really different compared to the player you get on the song’s individual page. They are rendering quite differently.

Back to your original post, there is a big fuss between mozilla and adobe and licensing. Basically flash in firefox will never work as well as in chrome. However, if you google it, there are some fixes that will make it work better. I forget off the top of my head, but I think I had to edit a config file somewhere to enable or disable acceleration.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Feb 24, 2014 @ 8:39 AM
We’re working on an update…it will work more like the player on dig.ccmixter.org. It’s not a small project for our small volunteer admin team so thanks for your patience. :)
rashmichaudhary
permalink   Fri, Aug 31, 2018 @ 1:58 AM
Thank you for this Post. i’m also looking for the same.