Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » "Rap" tag won't stay in

"Rap" tag won't stay in

coruscate
permalink   Tue, Jan 3, 2012 @ 6:08 PM
Okay this is weird. I can edit all the tags in my songs… EXCEPT RAP. Rap will not stay inside of my uploads, which is annoying since my latest two pellas are raps U_U;; If I wasn’t checking to make sure my pellas showed up in the browser I wouldn’t even know they were being excluded.

On edit: They do show in the pella browser, they just do not register as rap acapellas.

http://ccmixter.org/files/C...

http://ccmixter.org/files/C...

On further edit: I can edit all the tags, include rap and do something like intentionally mispell a tag to prove that the form is accepting my data submission… and then when I go to look at the tags under properties it isn’t there, but the mispelling is. So for some reason, the word rap is being removed from the tags.

Thanks.
coruscate
permalink   Thu, Jan 5, 2012 @ 10:15 PM
Added some detail above.

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Jan 7, 2012 @ 3:44 AM
Not every word can be used as a tag. There are a number of system tags, used for automating certain things such as the secret mixter and other stuff, and these cannot be typed in manually. Rap is probably one of these.

permalink   coruscate Mon, Jan 16, 2012 @ 3:23 PM
Is this forum not watched anymore? I would have thought I would have received an admin’s answer to this one.

I have a growing list of songs that I cannot add this to. As almost all of my vocals are raps, this is extremely aggrivating.

permalink   AT Mon, Jan 16, 2012 @ 4:14 PM
Hey Coruscate—I think you’ll find the good Admiral is admin at ccM—-
although I think I have used the rap tag once in my time here I do think it would be good “customer service” to get this problem fixed. I know FORENSIC has asked a few times as well with no joy. Seems kind of odd that a tag as familiar and well used as rap wouldn’t be actually be—well—usable.

permalink   coruscate Mon, Jan 16, 2012 @ 4:20 PM
Oh my bad (on Bob), thanks for the heads up! I was also going to reply that I added a brand new acapella and it did the same thing again. I don’t get it @_@;;

permalink   AT Mon, Jan 16, 2012 @ 4:29 PM
Its odd though because rap is still showing on the one time I did use it and when you click on that there are other rap tagged uploads that are recent. I know nothing about how such things work but its odd.

permalink   AT Mon, Jan 16, 2012 @ 4:30 PM
actually scratch the recent part—-Nov of 2011 would be the most recent