Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Talented Singer Looking for Musicians

Talented Singer Looking for Musicians

snowboardebater
permalink   Thu, Dec 2, 2010 @ 10:26 AM
Hi all…I’m new here on the forums but have been on and off ccmixter for awhile now listening to samples and all the talent here. I am really interested in a “Postal Service” style musician relationship. I don’t play any instruments (not well at least) but I can write and sing like no other. So I’m not sure how this works or if this is the right place but I’d love if anyone was interested! My plan is to get into music professionally but unfortunately I have to spend too much time working to go out, find a band and start doing gigs at this point in time. I’d love to do something “revolutionary” by trying out the online route. ;) Let me know if any of you are interested and we can exchange email addresses or something and get this started :) I can also post some vocal samples but am working at the moment so it’ll have to wait a bit…

Thank you!!!!

Karee
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Abstract Audio Fri, Dec 3, 2010 @ 9:37 AM
I would put my 2 cents to this aswell. There is a new ‘funtest’ (contest without winners or only winners) that would be a great way to start and to get yourself heard by a lot of people.

Another idea might be to approach someone you would like to work with.
snowboardebater
permalink   Wed, Dec 8, 2010 @ 7:41 AM
Thank you guys for the advice! I’ll definitely start doing something to this effect and it’s really helpful to have somewhere to start now! Super excited to be on the forum now and I hope to start making some great music with some great musicians! Thanks again…

permalink   Admiral Bob Wed, Dec 8, 2010 @ 8:20 AM
Its definitely like being in a postal band, except that with CCMixter, its like jamming with the Sears catalogue. ;)

Hope to see your songs soon.

permalink   snowboardebater Wed, Dec 8, 2010 @ 10:11 AM
Lol well hey that sounds awesome! :-p I put something up just now but it sucks. Trying to record off a Vaio laptop on Audacity…but at least I’m trying haha. ;)

permalink   Abstract Audio Wed, Dec 8, 2010 @ 12:11 PM
Well if this sucks I’m looking forward to hear your good stuff, cause it sounds very good to me have heard much worse around here.

Any way welcome hope you stay a long time!

permalink   snowboardebater Wed, Dec 8, 2010 @ 12:14 PM
Thanks so much for your support! I will definitely be staying on here, especially now that I have a better idea of how it works. This is SUCH a cool site/idea! I’ll be postin’ up some better stuff soon…thanks again for being kind…