Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Rolling Back at ccM

Rolling Back at ccM

victor
permalink   Fri, Jan 15, 2010 @ 3:27 PM
Howdy everyone,

In the last few weeks I’ve rolled back my presence on the site because of an ongoing medical condition (kidney stones and complications arising from them) that has severely cramped my ability to work (and play).

I wish I could say we’re over the hump but the fact is I still have several procedures that need to be done next week and (I’m just now told) beyond that, plus a recovery period.

I’ve cut back my role at ccMixter to strictly bug fixing and other quick-fix technical issues. There is also a groovy new feature that was about 80% done when all this started in December that I’m hoping can be wrapped up and made public in the near future, but of course it is hard to predict.

This whole affair has had a very twisted, macabre tone with very little good news along the way except that it is not a chronic condition and will end… eventually.

The folks who have known about this for a while have been very supportive and sympathetic and I want to thanks everybody for their kind words and wishes. Having said that, I’m getting really tired of being the “sick guy” as it runs counter to my instincts to have a groovy time each day of my life. I’ve already milked the self-pity martyr thing for all its worth and it hasn’t gotten me very far. So, roll out your “now it’s five-stones” jokes cause I’m ready for some sugar.

Peace,
VS
gurdonark
permalink   Fri, Jan 15, 2010 @ 11:51 PM
I did like one thing about my own run-in, years ago—ease of diagnosis. When I showed up at St. John’s ER, they could take one look at me and say in a chorus “kidney stone!”. This was after the part in which the doctor said “think you can hold out until morning?” and I said “well, except for the fact I’m writhing on the floor”.

My main request is that you make an effort to record any sonic waterborne procedures, as i seem to remember something about a droning thing completely pulverizing me.
Loveshadow
permalink   Sat, Jan 16, 2010 @ 4:19 AM
Sugar maybe , milk powder is a no no….and get that stomach shaved.

http://taiwantt.org.tw/taip...
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sat, Jan 16, 2010 @ 9:07 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
duckett
permalink   Mon, Jan 18, 2010 @ 10:22 AM
Sorry to hear it Victor-
I’ve called the Mojo Repair Squad, they are inbound to your location as I type… they’ll get it workin’ again.
Uncool Bob
permalink   Thu, Mar 11, 2010 @ 6:53 AM
Don’t check in here often these days. Hope all is resolved quickly, and hope the scumbag medical parasites didn’t fleece you for every penny (I guess cent on your side of the pond).
Vidian
permalink   Mon, Mar 15, 2010 @ 11:26 PM
OH no! D:

I’ve heard horror stories about kidney stones..

When you get out of the hospital, I’ll mail you some cookies :)
They always make me feel better ;)

permalink   Vidian Mon, Mar 15, 2010 @ 11:27 PM
lol Cuz they’ll have marijuana in them :D
texasradiofish
permalink   Thu, Mar 18, 2010 @ 3:17 AM
As a long time kidney stone sufferer, I can say that I feel your pain.

I have too make sure there is zero calcium added to anything I eat or drink.

Doctor provided big pain killers to have handy to avoid trips to the ER when practical. This has come in handy a couple of times.

permalink   victor Fri, Mar 19, 2010 @ 1:15 PM
yea, it’s a pain that redefined pain for me - changed my perspective on a lot of things quite frankly.

meanwhile, they put me on this stuff - you should ask your drs if could work for your type of stones.

permalink   texasradiofish Fri, Mar 19, 2010 @ 2:56 PM
Thanks for the pointer. Will ask about the pot. citrate