Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » COMMONIST MANFESTO

COMMONIST MANFESTO

Budapest BluesBoy
permalink   Sat, Sep 12, 2009 @ 8:23 PM
FREE ACCESS 4 EVERY REGISTRATED MIXTER FOR DOWNLOAD AND STREAMING DATES!
PUBLIZICE THE EDITORIAL STAFF LIST AND HIERARCHY!
DEMOCRATIZE THE EDPICK SYTEM!
LET IT NAME ALL ADMINS AND MODERATORS!
CCCMIXTER IS A CREATIVE COLLECTIVE NOT A SILLY ONE MAN SHOW
WHO’S CHOPPIN THE RULES DAY BY DAY AS HE LIKES? WHO’D LIKES TO PLAY OF GOVERNOR OF FREE CULTURE AND WHY?
NO MORE HALF LEGAL MONKEY BUSINESS WITH cc-by LICENSED TRACKS.

WE ARE COMMINISTS, NOT COMMUNISTS. OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY IS THE STRONGEST ONE ALL OVER THE WEB 2.0.
WE ARE NOT DUMMIES OR CYBERSLAVES.
GIVE UP, STAND UP. STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGTHS.
WHEN YA SEE THE LIGHT DON’T GIVE UP THE FIGHT.
LOVE AND FREEDOM.WHOLE WOLRD IS A VYBE.
POWER TO DA MIXTERS.
OR LEAVE IT THE BOARD FINALLY RIGHT.
NEVER FORGET: THE SECRET HERO OF CCMIXTER: NEERU PAHARIA
spinmeister
permalink   Sat, Sep 12, 2009 @ 10:30 PM
lol - is it October 23rd yet or is it free Pálinka night? :-)

in other words: are you starting a revolution or a celebration? :-)

permalink   Budapest BluesBoy Sun, Sep 13, 2009 @ 12:27 AM

2B OR Not 2B this is the Question/ I Can’t Get No Saticfaction (copyright by Jenő Menyhárt, hungarian rock and roll antistar)
I just tried to optimalize the architecture of our community. I don’t wanna hack it.
But one of admins became to uncorrectly birdbrain. I’ve analyzed his communication breakdown with the help my special buddhist meditation method…
It gave me stronge input to do some radically .
The Commonist Manifesto is my older idea based on Cezary Ostrowki’s therminology from the best period of ccMixter. Cezos was a founder of Creative Collective, and co-founder of legendary DiSfish Records (artist community based netlabel).
Cezary’s concept was absolutely copyleftish. Victor’s concept and practice isn’t. No win situation for irregular faces, whom would like give some ping to this frozed /tooregularized/notupdateable system. I’m affraid of, fourstones.net have had dominated our collective efforts. Like a governor or patriarcha. But ccMixter is an independent, selfgenerative, selfupgradeable manifestation of our universal energy. We are free minded artists, not a bunch of C.Y.B.E.R.S.L.A.W.E.S.
Break on through 2 the other side. Hack the choppy rules. “Love is the Law. Law under will. (A.Crowley)”.
Celebrate our (R)evolution. Awaking!
Upgrade our choices or leave the board finally.

permalink   spinmeister Sun, Sep 13, 2009 @ 2:22 AM
Sorry to hear that you seem upset about something. I don’t now what exactly it was you were trying to optimalize.

I have to admit I don’t find it that easy to understand exactly what your concerns are between the various quotes of song lyrics, people’s names and maybe other things you have mentioned. So I’m guessing a little what exactly you are trying to communicate, and please forgive me if I haven’t understood all of your concerns correctly.

I can say from experience with many computer systems and web sites that ccMixter is one of the most open and transparent communities I’ve ever encountered. For example it’s pretty easy to figure out from the forums, who the admins are. And it’s also pretty easy to figure out, who has the ability to give editor’s picks. And some months ago there was a rather lengthy thread in the forums where several of the editors explained how they individually approached editor’s picks. So no secrets there.

The one thing that’s different here from some other open and transparent places I know is, that we keep public conversations - including disagreements - civilized and polite. And most often we try not to make a lengthy post all uppercase, unless it is really meant as a joke. Because on the Internet all uppercase looks a lot like impolite shouting.

Technically speaking ccMixter is also incredibly open with a very rich API, so if one takes the time to understand it, one can indeed dig around ccMixter in many different ways.

However, it’s also important to make sure, one doesn’t overload the server or try to get around site security, because that doesn’t only make it possibly more expensive to operate ccMixter, but it can also make the site slow for everyone else - or possibly even break it. So, while things are in the open, one also needs to be a careful not to kill the fun for everyone else.

As to what kind of copyright regime is allowed here, that is very much set by the organization, which sponsors (pays for) and owns ccMixter: the Creative Commons organization.

So in reality, there is nothing independent or self-upgradable about ccMixter. Individually we are independent, but the site ccMixter is not and while we participate we agree to do so within the parameters set by the site owners. The Creative Commons organization pays to make ccMixter possible. And they have engaged fourstones to manage ccMixter. And then there are a few people who volunteer (in some cases significant) amounts of their time to help out around some areas of ccMixter. (as a side note: As far as I’m concerned, I think everyone who leaves a thoughtful review can also be considered a volunteer!)

ccMixter exists because a real organization with real people had a pretty cool idea about shared culture being built with voluntary contributions from artists. There are plenty of other places on the web, where involuntary “contributions” from artists are being shared, so ccMixter isn’t needed for that and anyone can find such other places pretty easily, if that’s what they are looking for.

ccMixter is not for everyone - it can’t be and it doesn’t try to be. By now there are quite a few other remixing sites. Some more “corporate” and some more “revolutionary”. I used to remix at another site, and it ended up being a mismatch for what I wanted in a remix site. So I left that other site and found one more to my liking. We can all do that at any time.

Finally, one of the incredibly cool things about ccMixter is, that the software that runs it (ccHost) is available as free and open source software, so anyone could start something similar to ccMixter but more to their liking and with another person managing it — … if someone really wanted to. :-)

permalink   essesq Sun, Sep 13, 2009 @ 8:55 PM
If this thread is ultimately deleted I hope this reply will find another home. While I thought the post replied to here did not warrant a substantive reply, the care, consideration, civility and utter completeness of this one is a shining example of what this site is about, and a damn good explanation of it too :-).

Well said.
teru
permalink   Sun, Sep 13, 2009 @ 2:23 AM
Not cool.

This is not productive dialog, it taints the spirit of this site and I’m sad to see it. There are much better ways of voicing your opinion without personal attacks.

I should delete this thread. But I won’t. Instead I hope you do.

permalink   Budapest BluesBoy Sun, Sep 13, 2009 @ 3:10 AM
Yah man. War is over. Silence is Sexy. Love is the greatest Alchemy. I have found what I’m lookin for. Rainbow over the Crossroad. Rusty Angels on the middle of the Horizon. Tell the Truth for the Children. Freedom is livin. Freedom are we. We are the Sound.
Ohm Mani Phemme Hung
Ohm Mani Phemme Hung
Ohm Mani Phemme Hung

permalink   victor Sun, Sep 13, 2009 @ 11:01 AM
This kind of posting is exactly why we don’t explicitly publish the current list of editors, admin and moderators. People want to call me names for doing my job the best I know how? Whatever. But we’ve already had cases where some volunteer admins have been stalked online and I’ll do whatever I can to protect them from that.

permalink   Budapest BluesBoy Sun, Sep 13, 2009 @ 11:32 AM
Rendben Uram.
Legyen.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   duckett Mon, Sep 14, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
Um, well… all I have to contribute is:
http://www.youtube.com/watc...
Is my point made yet?