skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Cool Music

Cool Music

MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Jul 11, 2008 @ 10:05 AM
hey, check out this week’s Cool Music!
Sr. Privado
permalink   Sun, Jul 13, 2008 @ 2:43 PM
Quote: MC Jack in the Boxhey, check out this week’s Cool Music!
Absolutely fantastic!

I was thinking something similar using the “Editors’ Picks” or the “All Time Hot List”.

Can I make a version of this in Spanish? Of course, I will say “The ‘Cool Music’ selection was compiled by MC Jack in the Box”, or something along those lines.

You just inspired me. Thanks!

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Sun, Jul 13, 2008 @ 3:28 PM
Quote: Sr. Privadohey, check out this week’s Cool Music!
Absolutely fantastic!

I was thinking something similar using the “Editors’ Picks” or the “All Time Hot List”.

Can I make a version of this in Spanish? Of course, I will say “The ‘Cool Music’ selection was compiled by MC Jack in the Box”, or something along those lines.

You just inspired me. Thanks!

sure! all you’d have to do is create a couple voiceovers and create your own version by adding the tracks into a new playlist and instead of adding my voiceovers, you’d add your own.

thanks for listening and glad you enjoyed it.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Jul 18, 2008 @ 9:33 AM
it’s hot. it’s cool. it’s new.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Aug 29, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
New radio show posted. Check it out if you care.

permalink   J.Lang Mon, Sep 1, 2008 @ 8:34 PM
Just wanted to say i love the show.
I just wish i could listen to it on my iPhone.
Do you know any way that i can?

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Mon, Sep 1, 2008 @ 8:57 PM
good question. probably more technical for me to answer, but i think if there was a way to add a “podcast” link, similar to what you find on your uploads page for each artist, i would think that would allow the show to be imported into itunes. i know itunes is kind of buggy with playlists, maybe an ordering and ID3 tag issue, but it would be cool to be able to somehow export the show, much like the share function works now.

permalink   victor Tue, Sep 2, 2008 @ 8:50 AM
open iTunes to the podcast section

Drag the orange feed icon from the coolmusic playlist into iTunes

Sync the phone

In the iPod section of the phone click on ‘more’ then ‘podcasts’

Click on the podcast name and the first track to start playing

At the upper right is a little playlist icon so you play the whole thing in order

Something like that…

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Tue, Sep 2, 2008 @ 10:40 AM
thanks victor! hope life is good on the road for you!
Subliminal
permalink   Sat, Aug 30, 2008 @ 12:12 PM
Hi there MC Jack,

Just wanted to say that I enjoy your radio shows, and not only because I was in it, twice (for which I thank you). It is a reacquaintance with some recent favourites of mine and a way to learn to know some new ones. Keep up the good work.

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Sat, Aug 30, 2008 @ 9:05 PM
thanks for saying that and thanks for creating cool music!
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Sep 26, 2008 @ 1:54 PM
hey, there’s a new Cool Music show up, if you are interested.

Also, I’d love to do some sort of halloween-themed sort of thing for the show on the 30th of October. If anyone wants to put some sort of halloween-themed remix together and submit it the week of October 23-30, i’d probably use it unless it’s really terrible. :)

thanks again for listening, to those that do.
Subliminal
permalink   Sun, Oct 5, 2008 @ 8:40 AM
I have always had the suspicion that you and Loveshadow were related. That phony english accent of his did not fool me. ;-)

Anyway, that was a laugh and a good way to play one of your own tunes in the show (and rightly so), without feeling too awkward about it (I hope).

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Mon, Oct 6, 2008 @ 4:31 PM
Quote: SubliminalI have always had the suspicion that you and Loveshadow were related. That phony english accent of his did not fool me. ;-)

Anyway, that was a laugh and a good way to play one of your own tunes in the show (and rightly so), without feeling too awkward about it (I hope).

if “related” you mean we’re both a couple of old geezers trying to stay hip, then maybe you’re not far off.

but he did a great job and was kind for taking the time to help me out and i did think it was a good solution to playing my own stuff.

i’d still like to get a radio promo from him though :)

and you too subliminal!
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Oct 31, 2008 @ 12:06 PM
hey admin friends, thanks for keeping the “featured playlists” updated when i post a new show. I noticed though that “episode 18” disappeared though when you updated with this most recent show. just a heads up.

again, thanks to all those that listen, contribute, share, and support the cool music show. it’s what motivates me.

permalink   teru Fri, Oct 31, 2008 @ 12:28 PM
doh. fixed.

Thanks for another excellent show. :)
Subliminal
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 8:51 AM
That, again, was a very fine show. And I am not saying this because you inluded one of my remixes…he he he…

And I love that The 3am Association track. I know that it all comes down to personal taste, but I am a bit surprised that none of the editors picked this one up.

Anyway, another good one.

Btw, I know it’s a bit early, but are you planning on doing a christmas show, possibly with the songs created for that collaboration project?

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 10:19 AM
thanks again subliminal. for the christmas and new years shows, i was going to do a slightly longer show for each and feature stuff we’d discussed in the former xmas collaboration project. or anything else holiday related that materializes that week.

permalink   Subliminal Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 11:09 AM
Cool. I will be looking forward to that.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Sat, Jan 17, 2009 @ 10:50 PM
hey, i added this new widget called “followers” to my cool music blog so if you like the cool music show, go over here and add yourself so i can see whose checking out my shiznit you know?

it’s on the sidebar about half way down. and it’s easy. it’s just a click is all i ask.

permalink   Subliminal Sun, Jan 25, 2009 @ 10:54 AM
It’s probably just me, but when I click the link it takes ages to do…well, nothing.

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Sun, Jan 25, 2009 @ 2:19 PM
really? hm. has anyone else tried it and had problems? you should have a new window open which gives you a choice to follow either with your blogger profile or anonymously.

oh well, thanks for trying. maybe thats why i only have 3 “followers” (and one is me)

also, thanks to victor and pitx! :)

permalink   Subliminal Mon, Jan 26, 2009 @ 9:11 AM
Well, the window opens, but then stays blank (for a too long time).

permalink   Subliminal Mon, Jan 26, 2009 @ 10:28 PM
I tried to be patient, but then I got an error message after quite some time of being patient. Anyway, know that I am a follower (although I am behind one show…).

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Tue, Feb 3, 2009 @ 12:46 PM
hey subliminal, you show up now! (minus a cool avatar…)

thanks! :)

permalink   Subliminal Tue, Feb 3, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
I tried it from the office and it worked fine. In the meantime I have added an avatar (although it may not be cool enough ;-) ).

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Tue, Feb 3, 2009 @ 10:54 PM
yes sir, nice avatar!

and nice to see spin’s smiling face as well! it’s a cool music party :)

permalink   spinmeister Wed, Feb 4, 2009 @ 12:28 PM
I was just trying to quietly sneak into this great party :-)

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Sun, Feb 1, 2009 @ 7:55 PM
hey duckett, thanks for adding to my followers list!

permalink   duckett Tue, Feb 3, 2009 @ 12:24 PM
But of course :-)
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Wed, Feb 11, 2009 @ 11:29 PM
scott altham, i see you hiding behind that mystery avatar. thanks for listening. :)
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Jun 19, 2009 @ 9:14 AM
One year anniversary show this week. I surprised even myself by creating this thing every thursday night for an entire year without skipping a beat.

Thanks again to my “guest curators” this week…Ciggiburns, Anchor Mejans, panu moon, SackJo22, teru, spinmeister, Colab, fourstones, and radiotimes.

“keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars…”

permalink   SackJo22 Fri, Jun 19, 2009 @ 1:39 PM
Thanks to you MCJ for doing all you do!

permalink   SackJo22 Fri, Jun 19, 2009 @ 1:39 PM
Thanks to you MCJ for doing all you do!

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Fri, Jun 19, 2009 @ 2:30 PM
twice as nice! :)

thanks!
radiotimes
permalink   Fri, Jun 19, 2009 @ 9:37 PM
I would say that everyone who comes to CCM is committed to music but to go that extra mile and produce something like the CMS is great and for that I thank you and look forward to another year of great music.

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Wed, Dec 23, 2009 @ 3:59 PM
Quote: radiotimesI thank you and look forward to another year of great music.

Sums it up nicely for me I think!

Hey, I’ve got something special planned for this week’s Cool Music show. Special guest helping me out this week! Did I mention it was going to be a special show? :P

Check it out tomorrow. If you don’t like unorthodox, unconventional holiday music, then check out the next week’s show instead Scroogy!
victor
permalink   Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 12:46 PM
The announcement of the end of the Cool Music Show was originally here but has been forked to a new thread.