Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Final Cool Music Show

Final Cool Music Show

MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Tue, Mar 2, 2010 @ 11:24 AM
Hey everyone! I think that this next Cool Music show will be the final show. I want to thank everyone for listening, supporting it, and for all the great music that many of you have contributed over the pass 88 weeks. I’ve gone every Thursday since the beginning (except one, thanks Scomber!) and I think it’s time for me to take a break.

I’ve enjoyed doing them, and I’ll probably come back with a different podcast some time in the future.

Thanks again for all the love and support!
Subliminal
permalink   Tue, Mar 2, 2010 @ 12:22 PM
I am sad to hear this, but I can imagine that it takes a lot of time and energy to come up with a new show each and every week. For me listening to the Cool Music Show was hearing some ‘old’ favourites and getting to know a couple of new ones. So, thanks for that and for including more of my stuff than I would have ever thought of being possible.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 10:13 AM
wow steve. my heart just sank, but i can imagine how much time you’ve dedicated. i LOVE the Cool Music Show and look forward to listening every week it comes out….and then, listening again and again (i listen to the ccM podcast channel regularly, all day!)

thank you for giving us all this wonderful gift of these shows. they are timeless, as i’ve found through my personal listening experience, and we will continue to listen back through your Cool Music Show archives!

thank you steve, again.

peace.

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 10:48 AM
Thanks Emily. One of the things I’m going to do soon is update the “Cool Music Archive” playlist, which has all the tracks from beginning to end (but ahem….needs to be updated). the old shows can still be enjoyed intact I think, for the most part. I’m really hoping that the other podcasters like Susan, Jason, and you! keep the idea going while I come up with a new podcast. It’s not like I’m going away or anything.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 11:08 AM
you just made me smile and giggle aloud. and cheered me up! challenge accepted, but you’ve set quite a standard by friend…..
spinmeister
permalink   Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 11:15 AM
I’m totally amazed how long you had kept that weekly commitment of a significant time investment going. A true labor of love.

The bar you’ve set is very high, and while probably a little intimidating for future podcasters, also very inspirational.

A big thank you and congratulations for creating what will surely be considered as the grand-daddy of ccM podcasts!

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 1:18 PM
thanks spin! i hope i don’t scare anyone away!
victor
permalink   Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 12:32 PM
you’re an inspiration. Thanks for the show, by thinking of it and executing for so long and so well you’ve the done the site, open music and creativity a great service.

on a personal and selfish note: oy

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 1:17 PM
Thanks Victor! I remember when we were kicking the idea back and forth and I remember saying I’d give you a year and at the time thought to myself “ok fool, now what have you gotten yourself into….” but I loved doing it. Obviously.

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 2:12 PM
It’s been a great ride Steve! Just wwant to reiterate that you really did all us a great service with CMS — for many folks, it was a wonderful introduction to the music of ccM in a truly palatable form. I always looked forward to my weekly listen. I look forward to what you’ve got cooking next — I’m sure it’s going to be something delicious!
;-)
AT
permalink   Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 2:09 PM
Just had to stop by and give a big round of applause to the MC
shagrugge
permalink   Wed, Mar 3, 2010 @ 5:48 PM
awesome job man, thanks for rockin it
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Mar 4, 2010 @ 8:17 AM
What a run MCJ! You rocked it—The Cool Music Show was a beacon for the community here—it’ll be missed big time.

Looking forward to what you dream up next!

Jason

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Thu, Mar 4, 2010 @ 10:46 AM
Thanks again everyone. I be feelin the love. :)

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Thu, Mar 4, 2010 @ 9:06 PM
well shucks. thanks Victor. now i’m REALLY feelin the love! :)

if you get the jones for the CMS, check out one of the old shows. they’re still good. thanks again everyone!

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Mar 5, 2010 @ 10:24 AM
i will verify that the old shows are not just good, but great. because each show highlights the uploads from that week, it is like taking a journey back in time, and i’ve started to observe ‘chapters’ in our history. MCJ, i can only say again, i will greatly miss your shows…..i’m wondering if we could put some of the older ones back in the top que for the next few weeks where a new CMS would be? that could be fun?!
essesq
permalink   Fri, Mar 5, 2010 @ 4:24 PM
Congratulations on your achievement, Sir. I’m sure it was a lot of work, and a fair bit of anguish (“geez what do I pick” kind of anguish) too to do that show week after week. I’d bet a lot of people who get paid to do what they do wouldn’t put up half the passion and energy you did.

On a personal and slightly silly note, thanks for bumping up my playlist stats by using my promos. But for the CMS I think I’d appear in about 3 (maybe a couple more).

Forever more, if someone ever asks me if I want to hear some “cool music”, I’ll think of you :-).

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Fri, Mar 5, 2010 @ 5:49 PM
thanks again for your promos!

“Forever more, if someone ever asks me if I want to hear some “cool music”, I’ll think of you :-).”

well, one of my secret goals was to be able to type the words “Cool Music” in the search box on Google while “feeling lucky”. I don’t think I ever quite got there (that would be a great milestone!) but we do get mentioned on the first page search. A couple times.

so in effect, grass roots marketing can be both fun and entertaining (as well as a fair amount of work)!

edit: actually, if you type “the cool music show” in the google search box and click “i’m feeling lucky”, you might hit my old blog for the show. I just did. :)

permalink   essesq Fri, Mar 5, 2010 @ 6:48 PM
Googling for anything related to oneself is terribly uncool (giggle giggle) …I’m shocked, completely shocked (wink wink)…that anyone would do that

Anyway I just looked at your profile and apparently you are found a whopping 700 times in playlists. Now that is really something… I am not even worthy to reply to you (yet thanks to democracy on the internet, I am able to. :-) ).

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Sat, Mar 6, 2010 @ 1:36 AM
yeah but about 350 of them (4 x 89) are voiceovers! :)
gurdonark
permalink   Fri, Mar 5, 2010 @ 10:45 PM
Great work, MC Jack in the Box.
Well done!
Loveshadow
permalink   Sun, Mar 7, 2010 @ 8:50 AM
Seems a nicely rounded number to end on.

Way to go……