Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » I'm Looking for singers

I'm Looking for singers

DURDEN
permalink   Thu, Jun 5, 2008 @ 11:11 PM
I’ve uploaded a full song looking for a singers. Is complete but I don’t have the vocals. The mix is complete and has a gentle dip in the range of the vocals for fast mixing, also, I’ve uploaded the separated tracks for the song.

THIS IS THE LINk
zotz
permalink   Tue, Jul 8, 2008 @ 4:53 PM
Quote: DURDENI’ve uploaded a full song looking for a singers. Is complete but I don’t have the vocals. The mix is complete and has a gentle dip in the range of the vocals for fast mixing, also, I’ve uploaded the separated tracks for the song.

I have not been here for a while. Do you have the lyrics already? I did not see them with a quick look.

If not, I could try for some lyrics but I certainly can’t sing for you.

“Will This End” came about in such a fashion:
http://www.rpmchallenge.com...

all the best,

drew

permalink   DURDEN Wed, Jul 9, 2008 @ 12:31 PM
No Zotz. The idea is the people write lyrics and sing them. Usually singers are good lyricists.

permalink   zotz Wed, Jul 9, 2008 @ 1:43 PM
Quote: DURDENNo Zotz. The idea is the people write lyrics and sing them. Usually singers are good lyricists.

No problem, I write them, but you sure would not want my vocals.

Good luck though.

all the best,

drew

permalink   zotz Sat, Jul 19, 2008 @ 5:11 AM
Quote: DURDENNo Zotz. The idea is the people write lyrics and sing them. Usually singers are good lyricists.

Hey again,

no obvious takers so far, so I thought I might try again.

Here is an example of how it can work as I suggest:

Brantley wrote and played the music, then I wrote the lyrics and then Ken from Hairwolf did the singing.

The song is:

Will This End

ans should be on the jukebox in Brantley’s final form and can be heard in possibly non-final form from this page:

Oops, I now see I had pointed this out in the very first post… (Sorry for the redundant post, but you might reconsider in any case if you get no takers soon. It will open up the game to singers who may not feel confident to do their own lyrics.)

all the best,

drew

permalink   DURDEN Sat, Jul 19, 2008 @ 11:39 PM
I think the collaboration works in every way. If someone want have lyrics I think they can post them in the review section and hope someone sing those lyrics.

Also I uploaded the samples in case someone (as they did) wanted to collaborate with music and/or vox…

Is a very open request.

permalink   zotz Mon, Jul 28, 2008 @ 6:02 AM
Quote: DURDENI think the collaboration works in every way. If someone want have lyrics I think they can post them in the review section and hope someone sing those lyrics.

Also I uploaded the samples in case someone (as they did) wanted to collaborate with music and/or vox…

Is a very open request.

I see where I have been being a bit thick, sorry for the noise and good luck with the music.

drew
antquan_smith
permalink   Tue, Jul 22, 2008 @ 12:44 PM
Hey im an RnB singer, but I like the smoothness of this song.. I could take a crack at writing some lyrics for you and maybe ud like the way that Id sing it.

permalink   duckett Tue, Jul 22, 2008 @ 2:35 PM
Hey, why not upload a pella anyway?
;-)

permalink   DURDEN Tue, Jul 22, 2008 @ 7:22 PM
Yeah, perfect. Thats the idea, if you write, or have some lyrics and you sing those lyrics, upload a pella or your own remix, or just use the samples or the full track. I don’t mind the style, if you surf on this site, a given pella with a determinated style is remixed in rock, electronic, rnb, who knows…

permalink   antquan_smith Wed, Jul 23, 2008 @ 9:34 PM
im working on it.. give me a day or two to get it where i want it..
Jynax
permalink   Sun, Aug 24, 2008 @ 7:08 PM
Quote: DURDENI’ve uploaded a full song looking for a singers. Is complete but I don’t have the vocals. The mix is complete and has a gentle dip in the range of the vocals for fast mixing, also, I’ve uploaded the separated tracks for the song.

THIS IS THE LINk

I just got here not too long ago and I have been looking for a place to test out the V cords. If you’re still interested I will write something up and pass the re-mix to you as soon as I can. Great tune BTW….lots to work with here.

permalink   DURDEN Sun, Aug 24, 2008 @ 8:25 PM
Of course, I like to see the new material coming from that song, so go ahead, and don’t forget to upload the acapella too.
Jynax
permalink   Mon, Aug 25, 2008 @ 6:07 AM
If you don’t mind, can you answer a couple of questions for me before I start?

You mentioned that you started working on this project about two years ago? What was going on then that lead you to this song? Was it an outlet for something in your life or had it been buzzing in your head for a while? Also - Do you have a theme in mind when you think about lyrics for this song? It feels like a song of great loss to me, or a feeling of longing at times, so I was trying to make sure I had it right from that point of view.

One last question - Were you imagining this song as it is in it’s entirety left as is or were you open to other interpretations on the melodies/harmonies you have here? Removal of certain elements in place of others.

I know you are hoping to have something that another person would take and run with, but music is important to me (and to you) and I like to have an idea of the kinds of things people have in mind before I start working on them.

Thanks again. - Jynax

permalink   DURDEN Mon, Aug 25, 2008 @ 7:46 PM
Hi jynax. The title of the song is because I was full of hope to have something with someone… things were going very well and sudenly all was broken and there was never a relation, It’s like to be waiting for something for a long time and when you think you have it, all is gone.
That’s the idea of the song.
Know, I uploaded all the samples to give the oportunity to the ccmixter users to use freely the samples, as I do with the accappellas, returnig the favor. So, feel free to do what you want.
StevieKayy
permalink   Mon, Apr 20, 2009 @ 4:24 PM
i think i can help you
just in case check out my myspace page http://www.mysapce.com/skak...

permalink   DURDEN Mon, Apr 20, 2009 @ 7:07 PM
It would be great. It’s always good to hear something new from our material.
ineptsoul8907
permalink   Thu, Jan 14, 2010 @ 10:56 AM
I’ve got some lyric ideas, but when I listen to the track, it feels like it is building the whole time so I’m having trouble coming up with enough lyrics or finding a high point to write around what I have. I have a couple rough into lines, and a few lines for a high point… Like a bridge or something….. I don’t know if there’s anything more I can do to help at the moment. I’ll keep working on it though.

permalink   DURDEN Fri, Jan 15, 2010 @ 6:13 PM
As I say to everybody, record your lines and upload the pellas. I think you can record the lines you have to give an idea of how do you think you can go those lines in the song. That would give an idea of how do imagine the song and maybe others can complete the lines or sing them. Sharing is the idea of the site and diversity is my idea uploading the song.

I aprecciate your effort

permalink   Calamity_Incarnate Tue, Jan 11, 2011 @ 8:31 PM
I am new to this site and everything but I definitely think I can help you out with lyrics and vocals on this one… The subject and idea you are trying to convey with this song strikes quite a personal note for me. I am going to work on it and will get back to you when i have something. :)

permalink   DURDEN Wed, Jan 12, 2011 @ 6:17 AM
Perfect.
mdleoz
permalink   Sat, Apr 2, 2011 @ 4:32 PM
I like your track. I can sing for you. But I’m not sure what voice you would like. I can send a record or something. Tell me what song you would like me to sing so that you can hear if my voice suits your songs

THIS IS THE LINk

permalink   DURDEN Sun, Aug 21, 2011 @ 2:56 PM
Hi mdleoz, this topic is quite the idea of the site, producers use material, mostly acappellas and produce songs, singers use songs and add lyrics and voice. You can choose the lyrics and the voice you like and upload the file. Also if you upload the acapella you’ll be remixed too.
Feel free to upload what you like