Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Upload: cannot distinguish between samples with similar name

Upload: cannot distinguish between samples with similar name

s.c.mixer
permalink   Wed, Mar 5, 2008 @ 3:21 PM
When you upload a remix (“Submit a Remix” page), you have to search for the samples you used. In my case I used “My Apocalypse Now” vocals from Kaer Trouz.
So I search for the title “My Apocalypse Now”, and this is what I get:

* My Apocalypse Now (Vertical Sp… by Kaer Trouz (Kaer_Trouz)

As you can see, there is no way to distinguish the vocals between these four results (the titles are abbreviated).
If I search for “My Apocalypse Now vocal” I get lots of results with only “vocal” in the title.
I also tried entering the exact sample title, and again got lots of results.

Finally I had to figure out by myself that the last one was indeed the vocal track.
cdk
permalink   Wed, Mar 5, 2008 @ 5:26 PM
did you try just using the artist name?? also, you can look up the page the vocals came from and there is always a box that says :
i used this sone in….

pick remix and i will get you started!

permalink   s.c.mixer Wed, Mar 5, 2008 @ 7:10 PM
Indeed, I looked for that “I used this in…” link that used to be in previous ccMixter version, but couldn’t find it :/
(currently there is a “I used this in a remix” but it is for trackbacks)

permalink   victor Wed, Mar 5, 2008 @ 7:43 PM
just follow the trackback link, it will take you to the screen you want (assuming you are logged in)

permalink   s.c.mixer Thu, Mar 6, 2008 @ 3:02 PM
Hmmm… it doesn’t seem to do so. I’m logged in, and it just opens the trackback popup.

permalink   victor Thu, Mar 6, 2008 @ 3:48 PM
right, but at the bottom doesn’t it say ‘Click to upload a remix…’ etc.?

permalink   s.c.mixer Thu, Mar 6, 2008 @ 4:58 PM
ohhhh yes — sorry! :S

Didn’t notice it; seems it did not get my attention, given that it does not look like a button and it is in background color — well, just excuses… :D

permalink   victor Thu, Mar 6, 2008 @ 5:04 PM
excuses, maybe - but valid and noted. I’ll make it a button in the next round of checkins (which I can’t do right now because of isues with sourceforge)
victor
permalink   Wed, Mar 5, 2008 @ 6:04 PM
yea, I saw that yesterday too, I’m on it, should be in by tomorrow.