Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » facebook ap.

facebook ap.

sylvain moreau
permalink   Mon, Jan 7, 2008 @ 4:42 AM
i have a facebook account and i’m using iLike to add music. Why don’t your create an application (maybe you did and i missed it)
this application could be a player to embed music on facebook + reports and stats or collaboration status available for all facebook network comming on artists pages.

so, more than a classic player, people could “see” collaborations growing between artists etc …
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 7, 2008 @ 2:34 PM
ok, I dug around the facebook api and it wasn’t obvious to me how they embed flash players into the page but I’ll keep investigating.

I did notice that iLike magically picks up all Garageband material (the site, not the Apple app), that would be perfect if they would just suck up all the remixes here.

permalink   gurdonark Tue, Jan 8, 2008 @ 1:09 AM
I keep trying to figure out why I can put box.net widgets into my livejournal, suggesting that flash players work, but the ccmixter embeds never seem to work right for me. I’m not sure if they’re incompatible, or if I don’t know what I’m doing.

permalink   Colin Mutchler Sun, Jun 28, 2009 @ 5:52 AM
Hi guys, I’m assuming this thread is from a while ago, but is still relevant. What if we talk to iLike to share CCmixter remixes via iLike? Seems they may be foggy about who ‘owns’ the collaborative work here, but this would still be worth pursuing. There’s so much great music from CCmixter, but it isn’t currently integrating into the Social Music space (ie., Facebook/iLike and Spotify). CD Baby’s Digital Distribution group may be a good partner since they seem genuinely committed to artists.