Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » "Reorder tracks" in playlist broken?

"Reorder tracks" in playlist broken?

duckett
permalink   Tue, Dec 4, 2007 @ 7:15 PM
Arrgh! I’ve tried several times to reorder tracks in my newest attempt to make an interesting playlist, but it just don’t want to! Am I just being noobular, or is this actually broken?
teru
permalink   Tue, Dec 4, 2007 @ 8:45 PM
I just quickly tried and it worked for me. Here’s a dumb question - are you using the “Reorder Playlist” function? It only shows up when you are logged in.

Sorry for stating the obvious. ; )

permalink   duckett Wed, Dec 5, 2007 @ 2:28 AM
Yeah, I tried both from the main playlist (where it just lists all the tracks), and from within “Edit” mode too, every time I’d hit “accept”, it would just bring me back to same display of the tracks in the order I’d picked ‘em… I’ll try it again, though- could it be the stoopid “update” (should be called a downdate) to IE I was dumb enough to download? I’ll let you know if it works, but I was logged in last time, we’ll see :P

permalink   duckett Wed, Dec 5, 2007 @ 2:35 AM
nope, it don’ wanna… like I said, both “Reorder Playlist” and “Edit Track Order” from within the Playlist profile are doing nahh-ting…
>:(
victor
permalink   Wed, Dec 5, 2007 @ 3:19 AM
so you can drag them around and it looks reordered until you go back to the main playlist screen?

fwiw that feature uses cookies so make sure that is turned on your browser.

permalink   duckett Wed, Dec 5, 2007 @ 3:32 AM
Alright, I just realized I didn’t add ccmixter to “trusted sites”, let’s see how it goes now…

permalink   duckett Wed, Dec 5, 2007 @ 3:40 AM
Nope.. turned off “Phishing Filter” to see if that would make a difference, nada. I hate that whole “you’re too stupid, so we’ll do everything for you” thing, where turning some new bell or whistle OFF is nigh-impossible to do easily (#$%^# @#$%-soft….)Oh, but Yes, that’s exactly what happens, the order stubbornly remains by time of add, and now there’s not even that slight delay of the form-send, no hesitation at all.

permalink   victor Thu, Dec 6, 2007 @ 9:58 AM
I think this is an IE thing (works ok on Firefox) I’m using a 3rd party for just that feature so it’s not my code, I’ll see if I can track it down.

permalink   duckett Thu, Dec 6, 2007 @ 10:40 AM
I know that Firefox is a far better browser, but I’m sure it might be worth looking into, not so much just for my sake, but for the other (probably newer to ccmixter) IE users out there; I’d love to see everybody get more excited about playlists in general, thanks for the effort. I’ll probably be downloading Firefox shortly ;)

permalink   victor Fri, Dec 7, 2007 @ 1:21 AM
our goal is always to be 100% compatible in look and functionality on all popular browsers on all platforms. Anything less is a bug. The primary targets are IE 6/7 on Windows, Firefox 2 on Windows and Mac and Safari on Mac.

permalink   duckett Fri, Dec 7, 2007 @ 1:36 AM
That’s so typical- lazy, unambitious, total lack of commitment…

Seriously, though- I’m filled with surprised admiration every time I see how responsive you are to bug fixes, and with the lean, clean feel of the site, always rich with goodies, but never cluttered or busy (unlike some of my remixes)
;)

permalink   duckett Fri, Dec 7, 2007 @ 2:06 AM
I hate to do this, but…
Clicked on the “Playlists” tab to see if there was any difference there, tried the “create dynamic playlist” thingy, that doesn’t seem to be working too well either; I can see an old playlist of all my own stuff that says it was created by ccadmin feb 7, but no newer remixes than when it was first made, and I can’t make any other kind of playlist, or edit the existing one. I tried telling it to make a playlist with “chill, downtempo” as the tags (I would have liked to specify bpm, but unless I wanted “110 bpm” I was SOL), but “no records matching your query”, even when “all time” was set. With over 1,000 remixes matching each tag, you’d think there’d be a gazillion results, even with “5 only” set. Is this feature undergoing repair? Am I being enough of a pain yet? Will I ever leave you alone for five minutes? Stay tuned…

permalink   victor Fri, Dec 7, 2007 @ 2:55 AM
I guess, I’m not sure what you doing. In IE7 I got a playist of your latest and another with chill, downtempo tags combined.

(the 110 bpm thing was somebody being cute, that’s been cleared.)

permalink   duckett Fri, Dec 7, 2007 @ 4:08 AM
Okay, I see what I was doing… I thought the “artist” field was supposed to be filled in to specify who was making the playlist, as opposed to the artist featured in the playlist, seeing as how the “hot playlists” is filled with “so-and-so’s favorites”; I’m sorry, I must not be feeding the hamster in the wheel that powers my brain well enough…
victor
permalink   Sat, Dec 15, 2007 @ 10:08 PM
ok, this is fixed in ccM 3 which should be ready for beta testing after xmas.