Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » How hot is hot ?

How hot is hot ?

martinsea
permalink   Sat, Aug 8, 2020 @ 1:00 AM
You re always pleased to see your remix in the ” what’s hot right now ”
list, but I was wondering what does it mean ? I know on soundcloud they tell me “looks like your tracks are on repeat in Vermont,” but I can also see there’s only been two plays in the last week. whats our situation at ccmixter? Is it possible to know how many tracks are listened to daily, and what ” hot ” means ??
Best, Martin
Subliminal
permalink   Sat, Aug 8, 2020 @ 4:33 AM
My guess is that what’s hot is determined by the number of likes and the number of times a remix appears in a playlist, limited to the most recent remixes. But like I said, it’s just a guess.

I seem to remember a discussion about the number of plays from a couple of years ago, but I can’t remember any details. I believe it was not possible and/or desirable.

permalink   martinsea Sat, Aug 8, 2020 @ 12:55 PM
Thanks for your response. As to possible and/or desirable, I for one would be interested, not a billboard/TOTP thing, but to know the orders of magnitude would interest. let us see if there are more responses
Best, Martin

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Sep 1, 2020 @ 10:37 PM
I’m pretty sure your correct that the “hot” list is calculated by some form of plays and playlists, but I’m not positive. I’ll see if I can get a more precise answer for you, but it may be difficult, for I believe the wizard who programmed the feature is no longer behind the curtain.