Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Unable to upload a remix

Unable to upload a remix

Subhashish
permalink   Wed, Jun 3, 2020 @ 5:58 AM
I have a remix of “ Sax Soundscape” which I have been trying to upload using this link but I am unable to search by either the title or my name or by my username in the search field. Am I doing something wrong?
(Edit: I am also trying to upload this, a tribute piece in the memory of George Floyd, and am facing the same issue with uploading. Will appreciate some help.)
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Wed, Jun 3, 2020 @ 9:19 AM
Hey there, Subhashish!

If I understand you correctly, when you go to submit a remix, you are unable to find your own username/track in the sample sources?
If that’s the case, it’s by design — self-remixes aren’t allowed.
That’s not to say you can’t reuse material you have the rights to.

If you aren’t using another ccMixter user’s material, what you want to do is upload it as a sample. If you’re building on something you’ve already submitted, you definitely want to separate the new material in the upload as stems.

If you’ve reached your sample quota for the week, you won’t have the option.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

permalink   Subhashish Thu, Jun 4, 2020 @ 3:43 AM
Quote: ApoxodeHey there, Subhashish!

If I understand you correctly, when you go to submit a remix, you are unable to find your own username/track in the sample sources?
If that’s the case, it’s by design — self-remixes aren’t allowed.
That’s not to say you can’t reuse material you have the rights to.

If you aren’t using another ccMixter user’s material, what you want to do is upload it as a sample. If you’re building on something you’ve already submitted, you definitely want to separate the new material in the upload as stems.

If you’ve reached your sample quota for the week, you won’t have the option.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for clarifying, Apoxode. I saw this later on the forum. I have uploaded the new soundscape as a new file. However, how do I connect both the files apart from linking in the description (which I have done already). Or should I upload all versions of a particular piece under one file location by going to “Manage files”?

permalink   Apoxode Thu, Jun 4, 2020 @ 10:48 AM
No problem :) Happy to help.

Definitely keep the “Tribute to George Floyd” as a separate upload from the original “Baby Guitarist,” and maybe add an edit to the original’s description that links to the tribute. (I hope the tribute gets remixed soon).

Normally, I’d say to upload all versions to one in “Manage Files,” but the tribute is an exceptional case.

permalink   Subhashish Fri, Jun 5, 2020 @ 12:11 AM
Awesome. Thanks again. I will keep your second point about “Manage Files” in mind for the future projects or any of the self-remixes of the past ones.