Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » InTENtions Remix Event

InTENtions Remix Event

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Jun 10, 2019 @ 1:24 PM

inTENtions

“I think that Bob Dylan knows this more than all of us: you don’t write the songs anyhow. So if you’re lucky, you can keep the vehicle healthy and responsive over the years. If you’re lucky, your own intentions have very little to do with this.” Leonard Cohen

Ten years ago and ten years from now — what were and are our inTENtions? Wherever we’ve been and wherever we go next, we are lucky to have ccMixter as a vehicle of creativity. We intend to keep the luck alive, the music alive and wheels of community rollin’ on down the road.

With this summer of 2019 remix event, we inTENd to carry forward the goals and aims we had at the birth of ccMixter, with the inTENtion to broaden the reach of a collaborative culture of sharing. As we look to the past we realize we have a library of music that is as relevant today as it was groundbreaking then. We realize that the content we produce now will continue to influence the future. We are lucky to be a part of this legacy.

The InTENtions Remix Event will inspire us to create music that reflects the past, defines the moment, and echoes into the future. Ten years from now, we will look back, as we are now, and hear the sounds that define who we are today. With the freedom to share and the will to create, our ccMixter community expands the creative spirit. Thank you for being a part of this great journey!

We launch inTENtions featuring 10 brand-new PELLS and 10 SAMPLES from 10 years ago — with an invitation for you to remix one or more of them, and/or upload your own pells and samples to join in.

inTENtions is inTENded to be a month long event — feel free to contribute your own pell or sample the first two weeks, and then remix like crazy for the last two! Of course remixes are welcome any time during the event.

Dynamic Playlists:
Pells
Samples
Remixes

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Jun 10, 2019 @ 1:44 PM
We have launched this event with TEN new pells and TEN samples from TEN years ago. Happy remixing!

10 New Featured Pells
10 Featured Samples from 10 years ago
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Jun 10, 2019 @ 3:14 PM
I’m so excited about this event! I just listened to all 10 new pells and wow, amazing material. Each moved me deeply.

Digging through the samples from 10 years ago was an incredible journey (special thanks to Kara!!).

We have a library of music here that fills a place in my Soul I don’t have words for. Thank you all for making ccMixter such a uniquely unifying place to create.

Can’t wait to hear the remixes.

permalink   Admiral Bob Mon, Jun 10, 2019 @ 3:39 PM
You guys have created a real problem for me - I’ve heard them all and want to remix every last one. LOL - good problem to have!

Thanks for putting up with us these past ten years.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Jun 10, 2019 @ 7:10 PM
Well given your prolific artistry, I am now going to look forward to 9 remixes from you LOL :)

permalink   Whitewolf Mon, Jun 10, 2019 @ 6:40 PM
Do we have to post remixes in any particular place, or do we just upload them to our page with a declaimer that it is for the remix contest? My first attempt ever!

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Jun 10, 2019 @ 7:10 PM
hey there,

upload using the specific “inTENtions” upload forms — and our API will do the rest :)
Ivan Chew
permalink   Tue, Jun 11, 2019 @ 9:58 AM
Quote: spinningmerkaba
Ten years ago and ten years from now — what were and are our inTENtions? Wherever we’ve been and wherever we go next, we are lucky to have ccMixter as a vehicle of creativity.

Beautifully expressed. I totally agree.

Much of the luck has been possible through the efforts of admins past and present. Thank you all so much.
Kara Square
permalink   Wed, Jun 19, 2019 @ 10:01 AM
Ummmmmm… dude. The remixes are SO GOOD so far. I just finished listening to them… Have you heard TRF’s latest remix of SackJo22? Or Septahelix’s ambient remix of Apoxode, Admiral Bob, and Loveshadow? Or Doxent’s mix? What’s your fav so far???

permalink   Whitewolf Tue, Jul 9, 2019 @ 5:46 PM
There are so many great mixes going on, I couldn’t choose my favourite if my life depended on it, they are all so good!

permalink   Kara Square Wed, Jul 10, 2019 @ 6:40 AM
Right on!!!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Jun 27, 2019 @ 12:18 PM
InTENtion to Donate to Your Favorite Charity!

Snowflake has offered to donate $100.00 to the charity of the Mixter’s choice— if that Mixter has submitted 5 remixes to the inTENtions Remix Event. Each mix must include a featured pell or sample from the event. If more than one Mixter meets this criteria, the donation amount will be divided evenly and submitted to the charities chosen by the Mixters involved. Remix and give! Thank you, Snowflake!

Dynamic Playlists:
Pells
Samples
Remixes

permalink   soundtails Sat, Jul 6, 2019 @ 9:25 PM
ACO is Hip on the Green Deal!! Good Idea! Keep Rockin!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Jul 8, 2019 @ 10:15 AM
WOw…there are multiple mixters dueing up for this Green Deal!!!

Have you been listeninng to the mixes? awesomeness!

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Jul 10, 2019 @ 12:55 PM
Congrats to texasradiofish and WhiteWolf for contributing at least 5 remixes to the inTENtions Event! Please let us know where you’d like your $50 donation to be sent, in your name.

We’d also like to give Honorable Mentions to: Scomber for submitting 4 remixes and 3 pells; Sackjo22 for 3 pells and 3 remixes; Admiral Bob for 4 remixes and 1 pell, and Zep Hurme for 4 remixes. Kick A$$!

What an amazing event. Our community rocks!

permalink   Whitewolf Wed, Jul 10, 2019 @ 8:38 PM
Wow, thank every one of the participants for submitting some very awesome music. This remix event was a blast! And a very special thank you to Snowflake for making a donation in our names, that is very, very generous. PM to follow…

Amazing songs, everybody!

permalink   SackJo22 Thu, Jul 11, 2019 @ 8:18 AM
Thank you Snowflake and everyone else who help keep ccMixter open for business as the best creative spot on the internet!

permalink   texasradiofish Wed, Jul 17, 2019 @ 12:41 AM
d’Groovy