Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Dig the Soundtrack Remix Event

Dig the Soundtrack Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sat, Feb 27, 2016 @ 5:14 PM
Help us expand ccMixter’s instrumental music for film and video!

ccMixter music is found in over one million web videos. Yep. One million! Videomakers find our music on dig.ccmixter.org (and traffic there is growing fast).

What is the aim of the Dig the Soundtrack remix event? To grow our instrumental offerings for filmmakers, get our music placed in videos, build our roster of ccPlus artists, and educate videomakers on how to Attribute and properly use ccMixter music.

To kick off Dig the Soundtrack, DJ Vadim has contributed instrumental stems and a cappellas from his latest release DubCatcher 2. The instrumental stems are available for ccPlus remixes (the pells are not). Thank you DJ Vadim!

Do you remember Tubed BY You? That remix event generated ccMixter music used all over the web. With Dig the Soundtrack, we’ll create even more ccMixter music for videos and films. And, more Mixters will have the opportunity to be included.

We encourage everyone to remix DJ Vadim AND submit their own original samples, pells, and remixes, with an emphasis on instrumentals. We have found that instrumentals of all genres are used by videomakers more often than tracks with vocals.

If you would like the opportunity to receive a portion of advertising revenue when your music is used in a monetized video, email us to sign up for ccPlus!

Uploads for Dig the Soundtrack will be accepted through March 28 — UPDATED.

SAMPLES
PELLS
REMIXES
Kara Square
permalink   Sun, Feb 28, 2016 @ 5:58 PM
This is awesome. DJ Vadim’s stems are inspiring! Can’t wait to hear everyone’s remixes and contributions!
Piero Peluche
permalink   Sun, Feb 28, 2016 @ 11:12 PM
Is it actually possible to upload just a pure new instrumental, not linked to any of the existing pells or sample?
On the samples upload page there’s a file choose box that can’t be ignored and it seems impossible to upload instrumentals that are absolutely “fresh”, without using third parts works. Thanks.

permalink   Siobhan Dakay Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 12:28 AM
Hmm it is not 100% clear but I would think that it is wanted to have any instrumentals (that would appeal to filmmakers) are welcome.

“encourage everyone to remix DJ Vadim AND submit their own original samples, pells, and remixes, with an emphasis on instrumentals”

But true - I am not 100% sure either

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 9:40 AM
Instrumentals are encouraged but tracks with vocals are also great.

permalink   stellarartwars Sun, Mar 6, 2016 @ 2:15 AM
It’s OK to upload an instrumental or other track of your own creation, as long as you provide all the original parts.

However, ccmixter has to pay for bandwidth and disk space, so it’s likely that if you upload complete songs as stems regularly, you will be blocked from uploading for several weeks.

One of the admins suggested I use archive.org for this type of upload, which seems fair enough, and if it includes just a few notes of someone else’s work you can upload the result here.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 9:39 AM
Like every mix on ccMixter, you must remix someone else on ccMixter. This is what makes our site so collaborative and community driven.

A couple of points to try to clarify:

- You can remix any sample on the site for this
project (to be included in ccPlus, look for the ccPlus tag), not just DJ Vadim or other submitted samples.

- You can upload a sample of your own — with all of your stems. In this way, you do not need to use any other sources in your work, but it is not a remix, just a sample.

I hope this helps clarify. :)

permalink   Siobhan Dakay Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 9:52 AM
Clear as it can be. And as expected :D

permalink   Piero Peluche Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 12:14 PM
The instrumentals might be an inspiration for a collaboration as well as an acapella.
Should we upload instrumentals as samples then?

permalink   Kara Square Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 3:06 PM
Exactly. Yes, you can upload the instrumental as samples (and with the Sample upload form). When you do this, start by uploading an mp3 preview track, then upload your stems. I usually group my stems in zip folders to make it easier to upload. Unreal_dm does this all the time and it’s often inspired me to write vocals. :) Please note, as Snowflake said, this is only allowed if all of the parts in your preview mix are uploaded as stems for others to remix (like the example from Unreal above).
urmymuse
permalink   Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 3:04 PM
Fab … I was wondering the other day when we might have another event and here it is! made my day, looking fwd to contributing. All power to ccmixter, ta for organising :)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Mar 1, 2016 @ 3:50 PM
I’m stoked to remix and be remixed alongside DJ Vadim. Out of all the superstar DJ’s out there, he really gets it!

Here’s a playlist of what has come out of past remix events using Vadim’s source tracks. Just some of my favs out of hundreds more in the archives:

Past Remixes of DJ Vadim Playlist http://playlists.ccmixter.org/playlist/browse/35402

Once again the ccmixter crew is poised to set the example of what #ccmusic is about.

For mixter’s using twitter as a outreach platform for their mixes, use hashtags

#ccmixter
#dubcatcher
#dubcatcher2
#ccmusic

Follow (among others)
@djvadim
@ccmixtermusic
@spinningmerkaba

Let’s light this one up!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Mar 1, 2016 @ 4:26 PM
Check out DJ Vadim’s call-out on his homepage:

http://djvadim.com/news/http-stems-ccmixter-org-dig-the-dubcatcher
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Mar 21, 2016 @ 10:28 AM
With more than 63 remixes already submitted, we’ve heard that some Mixters want more time to upload tracks to Dig the Soundtrack.

So now uploads for Dig the Soundtrack will be accepted through March 28 — UPDATED.

SAMPLES
PELLS
REMIXES

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Mar 29, 2016 @ 9:05 AM
Thank you to everyone for making Dig the Soundtrack such a rockin’ remix event — over 80 remixes submitted! I have a lot of listening to do. :)