Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Call For Remixes: DJ Vadim - U Can’t Lurn Imaginashun

Call For Remixes: DJ Vadim - U Can’t Lurn Imaginashun

teru
permalink   Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 2:21 PM
We are extremely excited and proud to announce the return of DJ Vadim.

DJ Vadim’s new album, U Can’t Lurn Imaginashun comes out May 25th 2009 and we’ve been lucky enough to get 2 tracks before the release with more to follow. Get started with the files and info here.

Once again a huge thanks to BBE Music and DJ Vadim for sharing.
Loveshadow
permalink   Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 2:48 PM
I have been trotting around the online remix scene for some years and listening to the first two Vadim cuts you have probably got the best set of fresh contemporary remix stems by an established artist online at this moment.

If the album appears at this level of quality i might have to say ever. Well done

The Saturday track is intimidating coz it sounds too good to mess with.
victor
permalink   Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 5:13 PM
Btw a big round of applause to teru who put the whole thing together!
essesq
permalink   Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 5:25 PM
Thanks Teru and DJ Vadim & company. This looks pretty cool. After reading about DJ Vadim’s year I’d say there should be few who could rustle up an excuse to not get in on this one.

I like the sound of Soldier a lot but I’m curious about the lyrics that I can’t seem to understand ;-). Don’t know if it is just that I’m an old lady or what. Still I’m in on what I do understand.

Long live the survivors.

permalink   teru Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 6:07 PM
Long live the survivors.

Absolutely. Truly inspirational. Power to DJ Vadim.

permalink   essesq Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 7:03 PM
Any chance of getting the tempo on the Soldier track? Also I noticed that in the big downloads the “guitar” sample includes vocals with it. Was that intentional? It’s probably easier for me to work with it that way but I was wondering. ( I do that a lot).

permalink   teru Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 8:31 PM
Using tap for BPM I got:

Saturday 87 BPM
Soldier 70 BPM

If anyone else gets anything different please reply. I will look into the guitar sample. Thanks. : )

permalink   essesq Thu, May 21, 2009 @ 2:42 AM
Thank you.

permalink   spinmeister Fri, May 29, 2009 @ 8:15 PM
I finally got a few minutes to open these up in my software and align them over their full length and I ended up getting:

Soldier: 70 or 140 BPM (depending on which school of counting Reggae beats you subscribe to).

Saturday: 86.6 BPM

permalink   essesq Fri, May 29, 2009 @ 8:31 PM
Ahhhh…now that opens up a universe of possibilities…I had started to think about my remix but had not put anything down. The idea that a sample that is exactly twice as fast as a source track might match rhythmically has been in my mind for some time now. You have just confirmed my suspicion. That’s pretty cool.

Nobody solves technical dilemmas like the Spinmeister…nobody :-).
I’ll consider myself thanked for the compliment..save yourself a few keystrokes :-).

permalink   spinmeister Tue, Jun 2, 2009 @ 9:33 PM
and I hear the key signatures as:

Soldier:
Key signature: F#m
Chord progression: F#m - Bm - F#m - C#7, with each chord lasting for one bar at 70 BPM or 2 bars at 140 BPM

Saturday is much more tricky due to the very jazzy chords including the bass often not being on the root of the chords above. The absence of any formal jazz training makes me a bit fuzzy on notating it the way a proper jazz player would. So far I’m hearing a key signature of G#m, but I think the chorus (robovoice part) starts with G#m/C# (i.e a G#m chord over a C# bass note) followed by a D#aug7 and then a C#m/G# (a C#m chord over a G# bass) and so on. I’m aware that we have a few esteemed music makers here, who know this stuff inside out, so I’ll stop here before embarrassing myself even further. :-)

p.s. Corrections and alternate views are welcome :-)

permalink   teru Tue, Jun 2, 2009 @ 11:30 PM
TY Spin. :)
spinmeister
permalink   Wed, May 20, 2009 @ 5:35 PM
teru!

… ouch! I hurt my hand clapping with thumbs up. :-)
Pitx
permalink   Sat, May 23, 2009 @ 12:13 AM
Is there any possibility to have the lyrics written? They’re very useful if I begin working on it.
I suggest a txt file with the stems.

Thank you

permalink   teru Sat, May 23, 2009 @ 2:24 AM
That’s a tough one. The album release is the 25th. You can find lyrics to Soundcatcher out there, it’s just a matter of time before you will see lyrics for the new album. : )
radiotimes
permalink   Sat, May 23, 2009 @ 6:43 PM
Where will the remixed tracks appear once uploaded?

permalink   teru Sat, May 23, 2009 @ 7:41 PM
They should show normally under listings.