Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Remix samples

Remix samples

teru
permalink   Sat, May 9, 2009 @ 4:11 PM
When a remix is uploaded and samples are attached, the samples inherit the same license as the remix (I think. If I’m wrong please stop here). A basic example would be a remix that contains an acappella which restricts commercial uses. When the remix producer uploads their samples, attaches it to the remix, the samples inherit the same license. If I were to use the samples from the remix, parts without the vocals, I would still be restricted to the conditions of the acappella.

There may be cases where the remix producer may not want the same restrictions on their samples. Although I know it may confuse things which are already confusing, I just thought there might be way to let the remix producer license their samples independently but still attached to the remix.

:)
victor
permalink   Sat, May 9, 2009 @ 5:08 PM
rehauling the license system has long been a high priority, esp. recently - I keep getting bogged down with other bugs and distractions. I’m currently preparing a ccHost 5.1 release and I’ve been telling myself that I will get to the license issue then. We’ll see. Either way, it’s just a question of when, not if.

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Fri, May 29, 2009 @ 10:33 PM
a virtual high 5 and fist bump to the hardest working man in show business. give it up people. :)

permalink   victor Sat, May 30, 2009 @ 8:33 AM
as an update: I looked into this and had to back away (yet again).
Subliminal
permalink   Sat, May 9, 2009 @ 9:52 PM
In the meantime one could upload the samples seperately as a sample pack and give it its own license. Or am I mistaken here?

permalink   teru Sat, May 9, 2009 @ 10:27 PM
That’s right. It’s not a big thing. : )