Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Last activity date for users

Last activity date for users

s.c.mixer
permalink   Wed, Dec 26, 2007 @ 6:14 PM
Pretty simple; just like MySpace or any other online community: why not keep a record of last login date, so we can track which users are currently active and which not?
victor
permalink   Fri, Dec 28, 2007 @ 2:56 AM
actually it’s a little more complicated because while we do keep track of ‘logins’ for security/anti-spam reasons most folks check ‘remember me’ during login which means they stay loggged in from that machine even if they only visit once a week for a minute. Now most sites that do the ‘currently logged in’ stuff use a rather heavy handed mechanism that I’ve put off implementing until a truly compelling reason/feature set drives me to it - like something that makes remixers more productive. As always, if there’s enough requests I’ll be happy make it happen.

VS
s.c.mixer
permalink   Sat, Jan 19, 2008 @ 3:59 PM
Sorry for bringing this up again so late, but I want to correct myself.

Let’s forget about the login date. What I actually was suggesting is a record of last activity (e.g. upload a remix, write a review, post a forum message) performed by a user; the date is important, not the activity itself.
This way you can tell which users (among the thousands in the community) are actively involved.
victor
permalink   Tue, Jan 22, 2008 @ 1:27 PM
oh, ok - yea that’s cool. There’s an admin view of something very similar to that, let me see about tweaking that….

VS