Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » ODB Contest

ODB Contest

admin
permalink   Wed, May 11, 2005 @ 9:55 AM
Dear CC Mixter Member,

We are very sorry to have to notify you that the O. D. B. Remix contest has been indefinitely cancelled. We are especially sorry for everybody that has already made remixes and have been waiting patiently to upload. Creative Commons staff have been working hard as well, trying to secure the rights to the O. D. B. a cappella but unfortunately after weeks of intense negotiations no arrangment could be reached that would allow CC Mixter to host the contest at this time.

PLEASE NOTE: Since the licensing of the O.D.B song is unclear and unresolved, any posting to CC Mixter that contains samples from O.D.B. a cappella will be have to be removed from the site without further notice.

Staff at CC Mixter
J.Lang
permalink   Wed, May 11, 2005 @ 10:53 AM
I’m very sorry to hear that the contest has been cancelled, but on the same note it was the contest that led me here. I’m sure all those that have done remixes like myself will find other uses for there tracks.
thelaw
permalink   Wed, May 11, 2005 @ 4:22 PM
Thanks for trying!
TheSkripture
permalink   Thu, May 12, 2005 @ 11:43 PM
Shouldnt have been put out like that on SCRATCH mag and what have you,But that has nothin to do with you guys though, if the deal wasnt secure shouldnt have been promoted to that extent!.
better luck next time to all i guess.

much love to all at ccmixter none the less
ADRIEN
permalink   Fri, May 13, 2005 @ 1:39 AM
Too bad….:(

thx for trying guys
cheers

Adrien
victor
permalink   Sun, May 15, 2005 @ 8:03 AM
(thanks everybody for the support)
00afro
permalink   Tue, May 17, 2005 @ 4:06 AM
no, thanks to you guys for consistently trying to generate interesting stuff for us to do.

i’ve got to say that since I started coming here, I’ve finished off a lot more stuff:)))

Anyway, my remix is now an instrumental and will be uploaded as soon as i finish removing the "oHHHHHH!
REZI ARNEZ
permalink   Sun, May 29, 2005 @ 3:34 AM
damn,i had my heart set on this.i wonder if dame would be intrested. i would have won this anyway.
shaolin is my home .rezi arnez is my name.
it doesnt make sense to my why the dash music group would be promoting this event with out allowing you liscense for the accapella.
i smell a rat
Al_Dog
permalink   Tue, May 31, 2005 @ 4:51 AM
LIKE THA PREVIOUS CAT, I HAD MY HEART SET ON THIS TOO. BUT YOU KNOW ERR THANG HAPPENS FOR A REASON. WHEN THA TIME IS RIGHT FOR ANY OF US TO BLOW UP, I WILL HAPPEN. ONE

A.B.P.
www.arkansasboyz.com
lil a
permalink   Thu, Jul 7, 2005 @ 4:47 PM
well dat suxx doesnt it?oh well