Endurance Secret Mixter--Mix Mode
skip

Reviews for "Walking Tour (Late Night Mix)"

Walking Tour (Late Night Mix)
by PorchCat
Recommends (10)
Wed, Jan 18, 2006 @ 6:59 PM
This upload might be Not Safe For Work
 
fourstones
.
permalink   Thu, Jan 19, 2006 @ 10:12 PM
yea, I don’t know. Sounds very clever. I’m not crazy about clever music, show skillz for sure but I’d like more about the artist than the tools in a remix.
 
.
permalink   PorchCat Thu, Jan 19, 2006 @ 11:11 PM
Quote: wow hypnotic! :) really wonderful, it’s a trip from start to end…that’s my kind of music!!

one of my favourite really, i love the way the samples blend with the music (maybe because i always mix electro with sex…well..i think that’s just me :))


Eh, electro, electroclash and eurodance quite often incorporate sex (or sex-implying decandance). :-P

It was compiled from a few differant sets of samples I had built in a night of sleepless boredom. Afterwards, I wandered around for some public domain and royalty free sexy” loops as the end result even without clips was “this is my inner porn track”.

Glad you enjoyed it.

*meow*
 
.
permalink   PorchCat Thu, Jan 19, 2006 @ 11:12 PM
Quote: yea, I don’t know. Sounds very clever. I’m not crazy about clever music, show skillz for sure but I’d like more about the artist than the tools in a remix.

What makes it “clever”? I’m not sure what you mean by that.

How would you like more revealed about the artist? What would you like to see?

*meow*
 
.
permalink   fourstones Fri, Jan 20, 2006 @ 12:46 PM
sometimes the tools we use (especially computers but also true for analog instruments) lull us into “working the instrument” and we think of cool things to do in clever ways.

corny as it sounds I prefer music that starts and ends with something to say from a deeper place with the tools used as a means, not an end.

I guess I just didn’t “feel” this piece and it sounded like a lot of intellectually clever ways of using software to make music. Hey, it’s just my impression, what do I know?

makes sense?
 
.
permalink   PorchCat Fri, Jan 20, 2006 @ 4:58 PM
Quote: sometimes the tools we use (especially computers but also true for analog instruments) lull us into “working the instrument” and we think of cool things to do in clever ways.

corny as it sounds I prefer music that starts and ends with something to say from a deeper place with the tools used as a means, not an end.

I guess I just didn’t “feel” this piece and it sounded like a lot of intellectually clever ways of using software to make music. Hey, it’s just my impression, what do I know?

makes sense?


Absolutely makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to clarify so well what you meant. I really do appreciate it (as I’m open to criticism and always up for trying to improve).

Any particular “sound” about it that felt contrived or just over-clever? Do you think there’s a “feel” missing from it? If you could, tell me where you think it fell the shortest of the goal.

*meow*
creativelycommon
.
permalink   Fri, Jan 20, 2006 @ 8:02 PM
i dunno mr fourstones, sounded like literature to me. oooOOooOOooh

just kidding. I did like the beginning but i feel it lost its momentum. perhaps you should introduce some significant structure into a four and a half minute peice. we’re talking variable instrumentation, we’re talking switch-ups on the beat, we might even be talking about a variable time signature.
 
.
permalink   fourstones Sat, Jan 21, 2006 @ 12:58 AM
two suggestions:

1) make music that makes a connection between what you’re feeling and the listener

2) don’t take anything you read on a web forum all that seriously

VS
 
.
permalink   PorchCat Sat, Jan 21, 2006 @ 3:12 AM
Quote: two suggestions:

1) make music that makes a connection between what you’re feeling and the listener

2) don’t take anything you read on a web forum all that seriously

VS


1) Good answer :)

2) All taken with a grain of salt, but I appreciate any polite criticism and advice. I try to be open about my art in all media. The reason to share it is to connect with people in some fashion. I’m very disdainful of the more selfish “it’s about me and it doesn’t mater what anyone thinks” postmodern mindset.

*meow*
shockshadow
.
permalink   Thu, Jan 26, 2006 @ 1:40 AM
i sense a great disturbance in my pocket…lol.
:)
 
.
permalink   PorchCat Thu, Jan 26, 2006 @ 3:32 AM
Quote: i sense a great disturbance in my pocket…lol.
:)


The Ladies’ Man taught me that all the important things in life, like love and music, you will feel … in your heart … and your pants.

*meow*
EcHo2K
.
permalink   Thu, Jan 19, 2006 @ 12:45 PM
wow hypnotic! :) really wonderful, it’s a trip from start to end…that’s my kind of music!!

one of my favourite really, i love the way the samples blend with the music (maybe because i always mix electro with sex…well..i think that’s just me :))
DJ Matt Hite
.
permalink   Fri, Jan 20, 2006 @ 6:31 PM
There is certainly no shortage of moans and groans in this one. Where exactly does one acquire royalty free porn sounds??? :) (I can think of one place but I don’t think the Mrs. would go for it..)