Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Willits Remixes and digital_distortion

Willits Remixes and digital_distortion

victor
permalink   Sat, Nov 18, 2006 @ 2:46 PM
Some of the sources for the Christopher Willits contest have digital distortion in them. This was done on purpose by the artist and is part of the original sources. out of respect for the original artistic intent we’ve posted those sources “as is.”

Digital distortion if not handled delicately can cause damage to sound equipment so any remix (including contest entries) that claims to use digital distortion tracks will still be entered into the contest but will not be displayed in the ‘New Remixes’ listing of the site.

If you use the digital distortion tracks and don’t say so in your remix attribution then your track will be removed from the site and will not be entered into the contest.

Peace,
VS
cdk
permalink   Sat, Nov 18, 2006 @ 3:34 PM
so change the vocals back to normal??
victor
permalink   Sat, Nov 18, 2006 @ 9:02 PM
If you didn’t actually use the ‘distorted’ tracks then use ‘Manage Remixes’ to uncheck it.

makes sense?
TronDoe
permalink   Sun, Dec 3, 2006 @ 10:58 PM
Hi, I used the digital distortion tracks in my remix of Christopher Willits’ song because they were such a beautiful part of the song, and I could not part with them. I was very careful in handeling them and equalized all channels of audio properly. I was made aware of marking it properly recently and have done so.

I was wondering if there was any way I could get my song approved to appear on the new remix listing.

your consideration would be very appreciated. thanks, peace.

permalink   victor Mon, Dec 4, 2006 @ 1:46 AM
appreciate the effort and your upload is definitely a contest entry (assuming you used the right upload form) but there’s no way to make a singular exception for the new remix listing. Sorry ‘bout that.

VS

permalink   TronDoe Mon, Dec 4, 2006 @ 9:19 AM
No prob! the contest is most important and I understand about making exceptions… so all is well, i had to ask though. Thanks for speedy response.