Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Sample Browser Port

Sample Browser Port

PorchCat
permalink   Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 3:32 AM
Any chance the sample brower might also be featured in the a cappella section (obviously for browsing the vocal tracks instead of the samples)?

*meow*
victor
permalink   Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 12:23 PM
I’ve been thinking about this (especially every time I go digging for pells) but I don’t think the sample browser as is would be the right thing.

For one thing the tags people leave on pells are relatively useless. It seem like proper search/browser criteria would be:

1. rap/melody/spoken_word break down
2. BPM
3. License

So yea, it’s a port then cutting out a bunch of stuff…

Something like that?

VS

permalink   PorchCat Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 1:55 PM
I was actually hoping for the tags functionality as well. Would it really be that superfluous? If so, I quite understand. So, pretty much, yep. :)

*meow*
victor
permalink   Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 3:50 PM
You can trust me that tagging on the pells on this site borders on the rediculous (e.g. many have been tagged ‘instrumental’) — like everything else it is partly a design flaw in the submit form, by using the same ‘popular tags’ section as the rest of the site vocalists were just too tempted to click away at meaningless tags (‘bass’ ??? really?). On my todo list is to limit the ‘Popular Tags’ section to only those in the acappella group.

permalink   PorchCat Fri, Oct 6, 2006 @ 11:35 PM
Ouch yeah. I mean if it’s a certain rapper shouting out BASS! How low can you go? then you know I’d understand. Or if it were like James Earl Jones stepping up to the mic and setting that shit one fire, sure. But “bass”!!?? Thanks for making it so clear why they would be excluded.

Really wow … just wow.

*meow*