skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Elev8 your music at MxterPlus

Elev8 your music at MxterPlus

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sun, Aug 4, 2024 @ 8:54 AM

** CHECK OUT THE ELEVATE LIVESTREAM HERE!**

Want to elevate your music?

Join the Elev8 Remix Event at MixterPlus, where the power of music transcends boundaries and elevates your creativity to new heights!

“Music should elevate you.” -Mick Jagger

Are you recording alone within the walls of your room? Unsure how your track could sound better? Wishing you had a specific drum loop, guitar part, or vocal for your upload?

Community members in the MixterPlus Workshop are here to help! The Workshop is an innovative new feature at MixterPlus is designed to make collaboration in our community ever more intentional, while elevating our collective artistry to a new level. (gotta be logged in to visit the Workshop…)

In the Elev8 Remix Event, we’re calling for pells, samples and remixes — with a twist. In the new MixterPlus Workshop, you can ask for specific parts, technical mix notes, songwriting suggestions, and more.

Elev8 launches with “Aura” — a creative way of showing community members gratitude and value for their contributions to the Mixterverse. Log in to check your MixterPlus Dashboard and find your Aura balance, awarded based on the reviews you’ve given at ccMixter over the years. With Aura, you can tip a Mixter to say thank you: for uploading stems you’ve used, for remixing you, for giving you an encouraging review. Expect more Aura drops in the coming weeks!

In the Workshop, you can offer Aura to Mixters who participate in your recordings. Why not share Aura with a vocalist you’ve asked to sing the chorus of your song, or as a show of thanks for an instrumentalist uploading specific bass or drum parts for your track, or in exchange for detailed technical notes on your mix to help balance its sound?!

In the MixterPlus Workshop, your participation – from remixing a track to collaborating on a new project – is recognized and celebrated. Aura isn’t just a reward, it’s a symbol of your growth, contributions, and the positive impact you have in our vibrant community.

As Nelson Mandela said, “Music is a great blessing. It has the power to elevate and liberate us. It sets people free to dream. It can unite us to sing with one voice. Such is the value of music.”

“Elev8” isn’t just about making music – it’s about developing our art and creative skills together — through a transformative experience that sets our spirits free and unites us all with the universal language of song.

In the Mixterverse, we believe in the unifying and liberating power of music. Our community thrives on collaboration, creativity, and the shared goal of uplifting each other through our art.

“Music is so elevated that it is beyond the reach of intellect and there flows from it an influence which is all-potent, and which no one can explain.” ~ Goethe

The “Elev8” Remix Event at MixterPlus is designed to provide a place where you can contribute meaningfully, make a difference, and elevate not just your music, but the spirits of those who hear it.

So, come elevate your musical journey with MixterPlus. Check out the Workshop, your Dashboard, and while you’re at it, personalize your MixterPlus profile with your bio and by designing your own banner.

Be part of a revolutionary, artist-development experiment in the Mixterverse, where music knows no bounds, creativity has no limits, and every melody has the power to lift us higher.

Dates:

Aug 4 - Aug 17: Submit requests and upload works in progress to the Workshop, under the Elev8 theme

Aug 18 - Aug 31: Submit pells, samples and remixes that Elev8 our community!

Sep 1 - Sep 8: Listen, review and share Aura with other community members at MixterPlus to show your appreciation for their art!

Not a member of MixterPlus yet? Email admins to get your login today. Join our circle of Mixters working to elevate our art, together.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sun, Aug 4, 2024 @ 9:12 AM
So excited about this event! The Workshop is such a cool creation by mwic. We’ve been helping to develop each other as artists at ccMixter for years, now it’s getting real! My production skills keep improving through the encouragement and feedback from everyone here. Now I get to really take the process to a new level. And, asking for specific parts for a track is something I totally need for this new chapter in my musical journey.

Aura, what a fantastic invention mwic! Attribution, giving credit, is our currency. This new way of giving each other credit takes our currency of appreciation to a whole new level!

Check out our Elevate Livestream for an in-depth tutorial and discussion about the Workshop, Aura and the other ways MixterPlus continues to expand.

permalink   Admiral Bob Mon, Aug 5, 2024 @ 6:19 AM
Going to try this out. I’ve been delighted over the years when people do surprising things with my music. Looking forward to what it is like when they do what I imagined they were going to do.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Aug 5, 2024 @ 8:21 AM
Cool! Looking forward to exploring creativity with you in a varied way. Your input on instrumental parts, song arrangements and songwriting would also be very valuable to our community!
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Sun, Aug 4, 2024 @ 11:13 AM
I have a question on behalf of the ccMixters who prefer to keep their work in the Creative Commons:

Is it possible to get custom made stems like drums, bass, vocals, etc. from the Mixter Plus Workshop and instead of uploading them to Mixter Plus, use them in a Creative Commons remix instead?

Example: I request a music part in the Workshop and make sure the person who wants to do it knows it’s for ccMixter, and once it’s complete, instead of uploading it to Mixter Plus after awarding the person Aura who made it, use it in a ccMixter remix, and give them credit in the “featuring” section. Of course, it wouldn’t be able to be used in Mixter Plus, but it could be used by the ccMixter community.

Just thought of that whilst reading the forum post, it might be useful info, I don’t know.

Your thoughts?

Kind regards,
Apoxode

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Aug 5, 2024 @ 8:19 AM
This is an interesting question Apoxode, and maybe a possibility for the future. We’d need to create some changes to the way uploads work at MixterPlus (currently Workshop uploads automatically map to the MixterPlus playlists) and code modifications — mwic has a long list of work to do, but we can add this to the discussion. Thanks for the suggestion!
Darkroom
permalink   Sun, Aug 4, 2024 @ 11:35 AM
Nice, excited to try all the new features!

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Aug 5, 2024 @ 8:21 AM
I’m such a huge fan of yours Darkroom!!

permalink   Darkroom Mon, Aug 5, 2024 @ 5:37 PM
Thank you! That is a great compliment. Actually one of my own favorites that I created was “Secret Things” but you are an amazing artists yourself and I am a big fan of you too!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Aug 22, 2024 @ 11:28 AM