Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Where has everybody gone?

Where has everybody gone?

Anlon
permalink   Sat, Jan 13, 2024 @ 12:46 AM
I have been on ccmixter for a few years now and I have noticed it has become very quiet of lately. Hardly any new uploads or new members joining? Is ccmixter no longer relevant?
What do you think?
Radioontheshelf
permalink   Sun, Jan 21, 2024 @ 12:14 AM
The lack of replies offers some answers to your question!!

permalink   Speck Sun, Jan 21, 2024 @ 3:17 AM
I would have replied but I couldn’t get over how weird it was for someone who has one upload five years ago and has never left a review to be concerned with plummeting participation.
Also - in December the year they joined there were 119 uploads. This most recent December there were 168. So…?

permalink   Apoxode Fri, Feb 2, 2024 @ 10:39 AM
Quote: RadioontheshelfThe lack of replies offers some answers to your question!!

My hesitation to respond (it’s clearly someone just letting off steam) was that the site activity since then and now proves otherwise. I’m not saying we’re being trolled here, but it sure feels like it.
RizKeyG
permalink   Sun, Jan 21, 2024 @ 3:58 AM
Normally when everyone looks like they have dissappeared from here ..i then rock up and upload :-)

permalink   Apoxode Fri, Feb 2, 2024 @ 10:40 AM
Always a good day when RizKeyG drops a new remix :)
FediThing
permalink   Mon, Jan 29, 2024 @ 11:40 AM
Quote: AnlonI have been on ccmixter for a few years now and I have noticed it has become very quiet of lately. Hardly any new uploads or new members joining? Is ccmixter no longer relevant?
What do you think?

New member here!

CC Mixter is great, love it!

I’ve been doing a lot of video editing based on CC Mixter, putting together CC-licensed soundtracks for silent films that have no PD sound. However, the video trackback doesn’t seem to work so I have no way of sharing any of this with the artists who actually made the tracks, which is a shame… :(

Even worse though, I couldn’t even sign up for an account as the website made an error message every time I tried. I had to email the site maintainers who set up an account for me manually. If this bug is common, it might explain a lot of quietness?

Maybe the site needs a bit more support/resources to get stuff like this working?

permalink   Kara Square Wed, Jan 31, 2024 @ 10:19 AM
Hey FediThing!

Thank you for your kind words about ccMixter — we’re glad you’ve joined us!

And thank you for putting our music to great use.

The trackbacks should be working now, please check out your other forum post for details: https://ccmixter.org/thread/4424

Sorry you dealt with signup issues, we’re discussing solutions.

And yeah, we could definitely use more support and resources! We’re always looking for volunteers, especially in the tech department.
mwic
admin
permalink   Thu, Feb 15, 2024 @ 12:01 PM
I’ve noticed the same sort of thing at Twitter.

permalink   Hans Atom Thu, Feb 15, 2024 @ 11:30 PM
I have decided to reduce the time I spend getting frustrated on Twitter. Instead, I plan to spend more time on ccmixter.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Sat, Apr 27, 2024 @ 10:18 AM
The music’s still coming. The way people engage has changed. The ccMixter zoom calls are probably the most interesting exchanges of ideas now.