Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Happy 19th Birthday ccMixter!

Happy 19th Birthday ccMixter!

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sat, Oct 28, 2023 @ 8:40 AM

Today is ccMixter’s 19th birthday!!

It is incredible to look back on nearly 2 decades of creating music together as a community.

Feel the nostalgia on our big day by watching the vid we presented at the CC Global Summit and how us some birthday love by signing our Open Letter so we can Save Our Songs!

What better way to celebrate than by listening to a series of curations by Sackjo22! Follow along as she uploads new volumes, each representing one year of music creation together. Kara is creating YouTube vids from Susan’s curations, watch them come in on our channel at this playlist - yet another way to raise a glass to collaboration and our community.

To honor this special day, we hope you’ll consider contributing a mix to our Soundtracks event at MixterPlus as well as listen to and review some of the beautiful work uploaded. Check out the MixterPlus YouTube channel too!

As we build the new library at MixterPlus it is helping us solve issues we face at ccMixter - the two libraries are parallel and cooperative.

Soon we’ll be announcing ccMixter’s annual holiday event, so watch the forums.

Thank you all for making our community thrive with creativity. Our birthday is truly a very special day for me, and today I honor each one of you for all you share here with us.

Happy Birthday ccMixter!!

SO SHA
permalink   Sat, Oct 28, 2023 @ 10:09 AM
Happy beautiful birthday CCMixter!!! It’s your last year as a teen hehe xx

Sending you much love from Norfolk!
sparky
permalink   Sat, Oct 28, 2023 @ 10:23 AM
Happy birthday and here’s to many more!
MalreDeszik
permalink   Sat, Oct 28, 2023 @ 12:09 PM
Quote: Snowflake

Happy Birthday ccMixter!!

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sat, Oct 28, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
Kara Square
permalink   Sat, Oct 28, 2023 @ 6:12 PM
Awwwww yeahhhh!! Happy Birthday, ccMixter! Woohoo!

permalink   Radioontheshelf Sun, Oct 29, 2023 @ 2:00 AM
It was September 2006. I only popped in to have a quick look to see if there was something to give me some inspiration.

17 years later and I’m still browsing!!

Thanks to everyone who keeps this fantastic site going.

Radioontheshelf
Shelflife
Radiotimes
Admiral Bob
permalink   Sun, Oct 29, 2023 @ 4:27 AM
So how dd everyone get 19 years older without it showing? Biggest mystery of the site.
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Sun, Oct 29, 2023 @ 9:29 AM
Happy Birthday, ccMixter :)

I am grateful for the time and resources that have gone towards keeping this community alive.

Many thanks to the all of the patrons and volunteers that have made this possible!

Kind regards,
Apoxode
musikpirat
permalink   Sun, Oct 29, 2023 @ 12:56 PM
So ccmixter is exactly 9 years older than my younger son. That cannot be a coincidence, can it?

Happy birthday!
SO SHA
permalink   Sun, Oct 29, 2023 @ 1:29 PM
Are we having a Zoom party?!?!? :-D