Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Uploading stems on Mixter.plus

Uploading stems on Mixter.plus

Beluga Ten
permalink   Sat, Oct 21, 2023 @ 6:36 AM
I’d like to upload some stems for my track over on mixter.plus, but I can’t see how to do it.

What I usually do after an event is upload a final mix, then come back a few days later to export the stems from my DAW and upload them. So over on mixter.plus, I’ve uploaded the final mix as usual. However, I can’t see a way to add extra files now. Not sure if that bit is still in development, or whether I’m missing something.

I was going to try uploading the stems separately, but it looks like it’ll create a new record that will be disconnected from the original. And last time I tried clicking things on there, I ended up posting a positive review of my own track (instead of someone else’s) :-)
Beluga Ten
permalink   Thu, Oct 26, 2023 @ 3:08 PM
Edit: From this point onwards, ignore my original instructions below. There are now some official “How To” guides on mixter.plus, which are up to date with developments:

- How to upload a remix

- How to edit files

(original instructions:)
I went digging and found the answer in the middle of a very long thread ( https://ccmixter.org/thread/4386). I’ve added a few extra helpful bits.

These instructions are only for when you want to add new files to an existing track that you’ve already published on mixterplus.

1. Go to your Profile URL on ccmixter (login, then on the left-hand menu under “Artists”, click “Your Page”)

2. You’ll see your ccmixter uploads. Your track won’t be listed here, but hang on…

3. There are tabs along the top (Uploads, Profile, Playlists…). Click Hidden.

4. Your track will be listed here (although it says “unpublished and moderated” - ignore that).

5. Click Properties (next to the track name) and you can upload additional files from there

6. Your added files will automagically appear on mixterplus