skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Launching Mixterplus

Launching Mixterplus

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, May 15, 2023 @ 7:33 AM
DREAMING TOGETHER: A SPECIAL EVENT LAUNCHING MIXTERPLUS

“Good in the living world grows from dreams.” - Tony Tenfingers

Dreaming Together is the debut event for MixterPlus. Through music and sonic art, we are sharing our dreams with one another — and the power of our dreams amplifies through our shared imagination. By Dreaming Together through our collective creativity, we will begin to build a new, premier music library at MixterPlus. You are, as a ccMixter artist, invited to participate. But first, the details….

The Dreaming Together event features dream wisdom recordings from Tony Ten Fingers, a renowned Lakota elder. Tony Ten Fingers has shared his stories about Lakota Dream Societies specifically to help us launch MixterPlus— where new dreams are becoming a reality.

MixterPlus community members are invited to share sonic dreams of their own in Dreaming Together — spoken word, acapellas, sample packs, instrumental stems, and mixes. Email us at - mixter[at]artistechmedia[dotcom] - to join MixterPlus and participate in this unique event.

Mixes contributed to the Dreaming Together event will be streamed as a sonic installation at the International Association of Dreams (IASD) art show this June in Ashland, Oregon. Inspired by the understanding that the sharing of dreams is a healing practice, The Sound of Dreams: Dreaming Together sonic installation brings dreams to life by setting the voices of dreamers to music and sound.

Click on these links to learn more about MixterPlus, its beta licenses and the FAQ.

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, May 15, 2023 @ 5:30 PM
Thanks for the inspiring post spinningmerkaba!

Launching MixterPlus is a big deal for ccMixter. We’ve been dreaming it up (no pun intended!) for several years now, in hopes building a new library with new licenses will give:

- SOLUTIONS. Mixter Plus is a place to explore solutions for some of the “copyright imposter” issues we’ve been facing with Creative Commons licenses
- OPPORTUNITIES. AT MixterPlus we’ll build a premier library that gives us all more opportunities for our music
- SIMPLIFY. At MixterPlus we’re working to simplify the process for other creators to use our music, and stop the “copyright imposter” takedown notices that are a result of YouTube’s ban of Creative Commons licenses in Content ID

Read more HERE and watch the MixterPlus pre-launch Q&A HERE.

The Dreaming Together event is our early beta of constructing MixterPlus with your input at every step.

We’d love for you to participate. Here’s how:

1. Email us — mixter[at]artistechmedia[dotcom] — to request a MixterPlus token. We’ll send you a link to set your password.

2. MixterPlus is a “clean” library so only MixterPlus samples and pells may be remixed. No ccMixter source material, no AI generated/assisted content, and no pre-made loops and melodies.

3. To upload samples, pells, and stems, use the Dreaming Together upload form but uncheck the “Publish Now” box (it will appear in your Hidden tab and edits can be made by selecting Properties). Upload MP3 or FLAC files only.

4. Upload remixes at MixterPlus (and try out the beta of the more detailed remix tree interface). Upload any stems you create for your remix separately at ccMixter (see step 3 above).

MixterPlus is in its very early phase and under construction so please be patient while we build.

Your input and participation is important! Let’s dream together through music, and keep the dream that is ccMixter alive.

Dreaming Together Playlist

permalink   Snowflake Sun, May 21, 2023 @ 11:11 AM
I’ve been working on a remix of Unreal DM’s Valley of Dreams and am getting close to uploading on MixterPlus using the new remix tree functionality. I’m excited to try it!

permalink   cube3 Sun, May 28, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
Something about Snowflakes and the Lakotas.

“My grandma told me that the Universe is singing in the snowflakes, the raindrops, in the trees, the water, and all Creation. Physicists call this holistic holographic universe. Lakotas call it Taku Wakan Skan Skan/Mitakuye Oyasin, which means everything is connected and related in divine rhythm, vibration. Remember the Lakotas know that the song sings the singer. The Spirit sings the song.”
—Basil Braveheart

permalink   Speck Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 4:20 AM
I just uploaded a vocal stem. I noticed that when you uploaded a vocal stem you were able to upload additional files (lead, backing, etc.). I didn’t see where I could do that. So… how?

permalink   airtone Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 1:11 PM
if you upload using the ccmixter form you can edit the properties from ccmixter, such as add new files
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 8:02 AM
The tracks being shared at MixterPlus are fantastic!

I am deep in listening and mixing and look forward to sharing more soon.

Meanwhile, I absolutely love Airtone’s mix of TonyTenfingers “teepees.” The chill downtempo setting of the track is absolutely delicious with Tony’s voice and story telling. Bravo!

While MixterPlus is still being constructed, I invite y’all to share here impressions, thoughts, etc. for Dreaming Together tracks.

permalink   Apoxode Fri, May 19, 2023 @ 8:16 AM
This is a magical time, being in the origins of something huge :)

I’m having a blast, this is collaborative community in its purest!

permalink   SackJo22 Fri, Jun 2, 2023 @ 9:43 AM
Zenboy’s remix Collage that uses bits of from multiple dreams is fantastic! It is a sonic representation of dreaming together. Bravo!

Which Dreaming Together remixes are you particularly moved by?

permalink   Apoxode Fri, Jun 2, 2023 @ 9:52 AM
Yes, definitely love the collage!
I’m moved by all of them, really, cause mainly this is a collective experience. It sounds odd, like not wanting to pick a favorite, but each remix represents the results of years of work, I value them all :)
mwic
admin
permalink   Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 10:29 AM
So excited about this, although it’s a bit of a maelstrom of new functionality and — as we stated — there will be glitches as we go.

Next thing to appear will be comment threads for the tracks, which we’re happy to say will include the ability to comment on individual stems & parts as well as the overall song.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 10:35 AM
You’re in the eye of the storm, dreamweaving this all together! Thank you!

permalink   Apoxode Fri, May 19, 2023 @ 8:17 AM
Ditto that!

Thank you mwic, you are helping to make this dream a reality :)

permalink   Admiral Bob Tue, May 23, 2023 @ 8:37 AM
A playlist question: do playlists hide one’s own contributions - or am I just not on the playlist?

permalink   mwic Tue, May 23, 2023 @ 11:31 AM
This is fixed now. Love the tune, btw.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 10:36 AM
We’re approaching 60 dream submissions!

permalink   Kara Square Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 12:08 PM
Amazing!!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 10:42 AM
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 10:56 AM

permalink   Kara Square Thu, May 18, 2023 @ 12:07 PM
Weee! Weeeee! Weeeeeeee!

permalink   Apoxode Fri, May 19, 2023 @ 8:18 AM
I tried counting the number of jumps, but kept waking up moments later :)
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sun, May 21, 2023 @ 11:13 AM
New on MixterPlus - Comments

mwic just informed me that we can now add comments to uploads on MixterPlus. Please give it a try and let us know your experience.

Going to listen to everything again now that I can add reviews. The remixes, stems and pells submitted so far for Dreaming Together are beyond my dreams!

I love this community.

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, May 21, 2023 @ 9:09 PM
THANK YOU MWIC!!!! This makes me happy.

I had a chance to do some listening tonight. Again, the submissions for this project are excellent. There truly is something special that happens when we create — and dream — together.

permalink   Speck Mon, May 22, 2023 @ 6:20 AM
Just started going through the playlist. Lots of great music and too many ideas (for mixes) being triggered.
I did notice that one (so far) upload doesn’t have an ‘add comment’ button (unless I just didn’t see it.) Wiseman’s Endless Nights (Ambient Sample Pack).

permalink   Wiseman Mon, May 22, 2023 @ 10:00 AM

I have also noticed that some tracks (can´t remember a specific one atm) are missing the comment button.

permalink   mwic Tue, May 23, 2023 @ 11:40 AM
thanks for the report. The code was (previously) assuming that the preview track was nicknamed “mp3”. I have now set it to recognize “Preview” or “PREVIEW” as valid preview nicknames, so it should display correctly in the playlist, and add a comment box below the corresponding stem.
I checked Wiseman’s and it’s good (as is Bob’s) .. let me know if you see any others like this..

permalink   Zenboy1955 Fri, May 26, 2023 @ 5:53 AM
The comments feature seems to be buggy. I can’t leave any comments…I keep getting an appellate window that says I should try refreshing my login. Anybody else?

permalink   mwic Thu, Jun 8, 2023 @ 11:26 AM
We had a couple users (inc. Kara) with this issue, and as of this morning we think it may be sorted out. Please give it another try and reply here with your results.

permalink   Speck Sat, May 27, 2023 @ 8:33 AM
I seem to be getting credited for Kara’s ‘Cave Waterfall’.
Under ‘You got Remixed!’ (a new feature?) I’m seeing -
mountainstream by airtone includes your upload ‘Cave Waterfall (10 Minute Field Recording)’
And under ‘You got Comments’ -
airtone commented on Cave Waterfall (10 Minute Field Recording): “some nice textures in this sound, v … ”
Apoxode commented on Cave Waterfall (10 Minute Field Recording): “Captivating field recording! As I l … “

permalink   Wiseman Sat, May 27, 2023 @ 11:45 AM
I get exactly the same.

permalink   mwic Sat, May 27, 2023 @ 6:52 PM
Yep, my bad. It’s a long story, but that had to do with my testing/checking the new “You got..” function.
Should be fixed now.

permalink   Speck Sun, May 28, 2023 @ 11:08 AM
Thanks. It’s fun to see the new functions showing up. Much appreciation for your dedication.
I’ve noticed that when I click on the ‘My Tracks’ button and scroll down to below the ‘Upload A New Remix’ button it says ‘View And Edit Uploads For This Event’. Is the ability to edit uploads (descriptions, attributions, replace mp3 file etc.) on the to do list?

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, May 28, 2023 @ 11:58 AM
Yes! editing uploads is on the to do list.

permalink   Speck Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 4:30 AM
That’d be great. It’s pretty frustrating knowing that you can’t fix the things you got wrong while uploading into a new and unfamiliar system. I just uploaded a vocal stem and forgot to put (vocal stem) in the title so it doesn’t just show up as a repeated upload (I also uploaded the samely titled remix). Also - I didn’t see an option for additional files (lead, backing, dry, wet etc.) but I see others have done so. What am I missing there? Had I known I could only upload one version I would have uploaded the dry one. I would delete it and try again but I don’t see an option for that either.

permalink   airtone Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 4:43 AM
I think you can edit the title and description now on tracks you’ve uploaded on mixter.plus, there’s an edit button next to the upload date on the track page.

permalink   Speck Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 7:17 AM
The ‘My Tracks’ page? I’m not seeing it.

permalink   airtone Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 7:20 AM
If you click on one of your tracks it should appear on the track page.

permalink   mwic Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 7:33 AM
When viewing an individual track that you’ve added, there should be an Edit button right next to the upload date:

http://mixter.plus/myTracks...
(only works for speck)

permalink   Speck Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 8:55 AM
But there’s not.

permalink   mwic Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 7:42 AM
There should also now be an Edit link next to any of your tracks on the myTracks list view..

permalink   Speck Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 8:57 AM
Also not.

permalink   Speck Tue, May 30, 2023 @ 10:12 AM
And I’m really sorry to be adding to your already full plate but -
When I click on ‘forums’ here at ccMixter I get ‘Can’t find https: template’. I get here by clicking on the ‘ccM Forum’ button on mixter+.
Also - when I open ccMixter there’s this at the top of the page ‘cchost.js (5): SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘)’
And one last also - I’m not getting ccMixter notifications (such as when this entry on this thread gets a reply).

permalink   mwic Thu, Jun 1, 2023 @ 8:30 AM
-Forum link is fixed.
-can you email me a screenshot of the cchost.js error, with the URL included?
-Are you sure you’re logged in when you try to see the Edit link(s)?

permalink   Speck Thu, Jun 1, 2023 @ 9:40 AM
OK, I opened ccMixter through a new search (I usually/always get here via bookmark) and made a new bookmark. It now opens clean, without that message and the ‘not secure’ is gone again.

So you can ignore that email I just sent. Unless you’d like me to email you a screenshot of the mixter+ page where I’m not seeing the edit button.

permalink   mwic Thu, Jun 1, 2023 @ 2:23 PM
I think this is a case-sensitivity thing. You’re logged in as Speck but only “speck” had a right to edit those ..
Try again now and I think it’ll work?

permalink   Speck Fri, Jun 2, 2023 @ 4:32 AM
Yep, works now. Thanks again.

permalink   Speck Fri, Jun 2, 2023 @ 12:21 PM
Oops, I spoke (wrote) too soon.
The edit option shows up but when I click it it says ‘Cannot edit. Err: Speck cannot edit track by speck’.

permalink   mwic Thu, Jun 8, 2023 @ 11:31 AM
Got time for one more try?

permalink   Speck Sat, Jun 10, 2023 @ 3:50 AM
Today I was able to access the edit page with Speck (as opposed to speck) to make a spelling correction. Made the correction, hit ‘save changes’ but got ‘Something went wrong there … :(‘
*** Topic deleted by author ***
*** Topic deleted by author ***
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Jun 1, 2023 @ 10:47 AM

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Jun 1, 2023 @ 10:48 AM
This dream is alive and filled with great songs!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Jun 1, 2023 @ 10:56 AM
102 uploads and counting…

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Jun 3, 2023 @ 6:29 AM
Quote: spinningmerkaba102 uploads and counting…

Radioontheshelf has turned up, remixed… but does not show up in the playlist.

permalink   Radioontheshelf Sun, Jun 4, 2023 @ 12:17 AM
Yes I noticed this too. How did AB and Airtone find the mix? I can see it in my tracks page marked with an “edit” in red. The edit button does not work.

Also I uploaded the vocal on the main CCM upload page but cannot see it anywhere.

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Jun 4, 2023 @ 2:50 AM
Quote: RadioontheshelfYes I noticed this too. How did AB and Airtone find the mix? I can see it in my tracks page marked with an “edit” in red. The edit button does not work.

Also I uploaded the vocal on the main CCM upload page but cannot see it anywhere.

It shows that I have been remixed by you, and there is a link to the track. But the general lists for everyone do not show it.

permalink   Wiseman Mon, Jun 5, 2023 @ 1:23 AM
My last upload (Stems from the “The House” remix) does not show in the Playlist either. It show under my tracks, where I can edit it.

permalink   mwic Thu, Jun 8, 2023 @ 10:17 AM
I think these issues have been handled. Check again and let me know if not..

permalink   Wiseman Thu, Jun 8, 2023 @ 12:07 PM
Quote: mwicI think these issues have been handled. Check again and let me know if not..

Partly fixed! I can now see the track in the playlist as the rest of the tracks, but I can still not see the comment that it´s “supposed” to have (according to the notices).

Tx for checking up on it!

permalink   Darkroom Thu, Jun 15, 2023 @ 2:28 PM
Hi mwic, I am unable to upload to mixter.plus, I get an empty page when I hit the Go to Page 2 button.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Thu, Jun 1, 2023 @ 12:29 PM
Mixter.Plus overview:

1. Some important MixterPlus guidelines:

- MixterPlus is a “clean” library, only MixterPlus samples and pells may be remixed
- No ccMixter source material
- No AI generated/assisted content
- No pre-made loops and melodies
- All uploads are assigned a MixterPlus license with — - Group Copyright
- Check out the MixterPlus evolving FAQ

2. MixterPlus URLs:

- You should have a token URL to set your MixterPlus password, save the URL to reset your password if needed. - Email us mixter[at]artistechmedia[dotcom] to get your token URL if you don’t have it.
- The MixterPlus playlist is streamable publicly.
- Help by reporting bugs HERE.

3. How to upload samples, pells & stems:

- To upload samples, pells, and stems, use the Dreaming Together Pells and Samples/Stems upload forms on ccMixter.
- IMPORTANT: Uncheck the “Publish Now” box so your uploads are Hidden.

- Add additional tracks by:
— Go to your Profile URL
— Click the “Hidden” tab
— Click “properties” for your Dreaming Together upload
— Click “Manage Files” to add additional stems, samples & back vocals

4. How to upload remixes:

- Login to MixterPlus
- Go to My Tracks (must be logged in first)
- Click “Upload a New Remix” & complete the upload form
- Check the box for your source material & go to step 2
- Step 2 is evolving to a more detailed remix tree
- IMPORTANT: upload any stems for your remix as a separate “Dreaming Together samples & pells” submission at ccMixter (see step 3 above)

Watch the pre-launch MixterPlus community Q&A HERE.

permalink   Speck Fri, Jun 2, 2023 @ 12:17 PM
- Add additional tracks by:
— Go to your Profile URL
— Click the “Hidden” tab
— Click “properties” for your Dreaming Together upload
— Click “Manage Files” to add additional stems, samples & back vocals

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

permalink   Darkroom Sun, Jun 11, 2023 @ 4:42 PM
Hi Snowflake, I tried uploading a remix instead of samples using the mixter.plus “Upload a remix” but I get a blank page when I click on Go to Step 2?

permalink   airtone Sat, Jun 17, 2023 @ 9:25 AM
I think its to do with the username issue, the comment also doesn’t work on your latest track

permalink   Darkroom Sat, Jun 17, 2023 @ 11:29 AM
Yeah, it’s really strange because it will let me go to the stems page if I don’t upload a file but gives me an empty page if I do include a file.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Thu, Jun 15, 2023 @ 7:48 PM
THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you everyone who has contributed to the Dreaming Together sonic installation. Together we’ve created an incredible expression of dream sharing, taking it to another level entirely through our unique collaboration. This is truly a community event.

I will be downloading remixes for the installation through Saturday. Sunday afternoon I will be setting us up in the art show space at the dream conference. The installation will open Sunday evening and stream during gallery hours through Thursday.

Feedback from the IASD dreamers has been enthusiastic so far — everyone loves what we are doing.

I look forward to sharing more with you during/after the conference.

Thank you again. Keep dreaming!
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Fri, Jun 16, 2023 @ 9:46 PM

Thank you for your truly amazing artistry and contributions to our Dreaming Together event. You blew us all away!! Your input and creativity helped us begin to develop our new MixterPlus Beta platform (wow, thank you MWIC for your vision, hardwork & code and Airtone for your elegant designs!).

We’re going to take the next few weeks to work on it based on your experiences and feedback.

The Dreaming Together mixes are now being featured in a sonic art installation at the International Association of Dreams conference by Sackjo22 (thank you for this beautiful opportunity Susan!).

Listen to the Dreaming Together Soundtrack
at the new MixterPlus YouTube channel (thank you Kara Square for building every inch, literally top to bottom!). Show some love — subscribe and share.

Thank you all for making a dream for our community come true, by Dreaming Together.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Jun 20, 2023 @ 5:14 AM
The playlist is so dreamy!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Jun 20, 2023 @ 5:17 AM
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Thu, Jul 6, 2023 @ 10:58 AM
DREAMING TOGETHER REMIX EVENT AND SONIC INSTALLATION RECAP

Sleep and dreams fuels inspiration. In the waking moments you feel it in the arts, people, and acts of kindness, it becomes a cyclical process that grows and is highly contagious. Finally, you become thankful and sleep and dreams begin again. — Tony Tenfingers

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Dreaming Together Remix Event and Sonic Installation created for the annual dream conference sponsored by the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD) in Ashland, Oregon.

Our music played throughout the conference as a soundtrack to the dream-art show, a beloved feature of the conference. The space was a large, wood floored room with big windows where dream-based paintings, assemblage, collage, sculpture, photographs, lithographs, and book art were displayed. There was plenty of room for folks to move around and to take in the multi-sensory experience of being with image and sound. There was a sitting area with a fireplace where folks could listen quietly.

Numerous attendees told me how much they loved the music. They appreciated how the music enriched the experience of being with the art. They loved hearing familiar voices of dreamers. They appreciated listening to, and learning more, about Tony Ten Fingers and his teachings. Everyone thought our project was super cool, impressed by the creativity of our sounds and the collaborative nature of our community. Folks were inspired by our example of dreaming together through the creative process. They are interested in hearing more, too.

Each of you who participated added to the richness of this event. The variety of sound, tone and style came together with stunning resonance. Thank you again to the admin team for your efforts to facilitate the success of this project with a special shout out to Matt (MWIC), our tech wizard for creating the infrastructure. Also, a special shout out to Kara for setting up the MixterPlus Youtube channel, which made it easy to share the playlist. The Dreaming Together Sonic Installation is a dream come true.

Video of IASD Art Show

The Dreaming Together Sonic Installation at the IASD Conference

Join us this Sunday on Zoom (10a LA/1p NYC/6p London) where I’ll share more about the Dreaming Together Sonic Installation. Email admins for the Zoom link.

permalink   Apoxode Thu, Jul 6, 2023 @ 3:01 PM
Thank you to SackJo22, Snowflake, MWIC, and Kara Square for this :)
Also many thanks to the people who shared your work with us.
Each day I saw new material I kind of welled up a bit, it’s a good feeling to know how many like-minded artists there are.
Extra thanks, and much love
Kind regards,
Apoxode

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Jul 6, 2023 @ 4:52 PM
I feel the same way Apoxode! So emotional to create with this like-minded, kind-hearted, deep-souled group of musical artists. What a gift!!!!!