Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Radio Hour is coming. When should it happen?

Radio Hour is coming. When should it happen?

mwic
admin
permalink   Sat, Apr 8, 2023 @ 7:33 PM
Check the News & Updates for more info about this idea..

Reply to the post with the time (these are all Eastern US) that you would like best. We really want you to come in and listen, and give the thumbs-up, and subscribe, and all that. So give it some thought.
mwic
admin
permalink   Sat, Apr 8, 2023 @ 7:33 PM
11 AM (EST) vote here.

permalink   Siobhan Dakay Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 4:09 AM
as European this would be my favorite

permalink   Apoxode Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 12:18 PM
I vote for this time (which works out to 8 am PST for me).

permalink   martinsea Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 2:37 PM
On GMT, so this would work for me.

However, I am not sure whether daily is a good idea ; I know for me, I don t even have time to keep up with the new material coming out, and I couldn t take part/listen in more than once a week, much as I would like to spend more time on music.

permalink   SO SHA Tue, Apr 11, 2023 @ 9:12 AM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)On GMT, so this would work for me.

However, I am not sure whether daily is a good idea ; I know for me, I don t even have time to keep up with the new material coming out, and I couldn t take part/listen in more than once a week, much as I would like to spend more time on music.

I second this! As a neurodivergent, I’m easily overwhelmed and sometimes get trapped in an “all or nothing” thinking and having a daily stream could be just that - once a week is the most I would see it in or once fortnightly so that people can discuss it afterwards or catch up in listening if they weren’t able to listen to it that day. Gives a chance for others to be “on the same boat” x

I’m happy for it anytime in the evening UK time haha

permalink   ScOmBer Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 3:58 PM
1am the day before in Aus, nevermind, that’s the penalty we pay for being ahead of everyone else lol

permalink   mwic Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 4:47 PM
That sounds like a vote *against* this time slot?

permalink   ScOmBer Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 5:35 PM
I’m easy, unfortunately Oz time doesn’t align very well with either the US or Europe. Love the idea of a ccm livestream at anytime, as long as they can be replayed later on :)

permalink   Beluga Ten Thu, Apr 13, 2023 @ 3:36 PM
I’ll put this here because I think the audience have voted ;-). For me, the time isn’t important because I’d probably listen in my own time, although I may occasionally listen live in the evening (GMT).

Maybe just do one show a week? Quality over quantity. I used to present and produce 2 live radio shows a week, and that was draining after a while. Having more time to prepare makes it easier to keep things fresh and interesting.

permalink   Speck Fri, Apr 14, 2023 @ 8:18 AM
I agree with everyone saying once a week. But it really doesn’t matter to me (day or time) as I visit the site every morning and listen to the new uploads that appeal to me then (which is most).
mwic
admin
permalink   Sat, Apr 8, 2023 @ 7:34 PM
12 Noon (US EST) vote here.
mwic
admin
1 PM Vote here

permalink   Snowflake Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 8:19 AM
1pm Sundays would be great, still only 7am in Hawaii but i can drink lots of coffee! (and still early evening in Europe?)
mwic
admin
Earlier in the morning? Vote here.
mwic
admin
Later in the afternoon/evening. Vote here.
Darkroom
permalink   Sun, Apr 9, 2023 @ 2:39 PM
I am in PST and would prefer evenings so I can sit down and enjoy the listen.
Radioontheshelf
permalink   Fri, Apr 14, 2023 @ 12:31 AM
I also think that a daily show will become too much to keep up with. Once a week should be fine.

Timewise as I live in London around 1900 GMT would be best for me

permalink   Whitewolf Wed, May 3, 2023 @ 9:57 AM
Quote: RadioontheshelfI also think that a daily show will become too much to keep up with. Once a week should be fine.

I agree. Once a week gives plenty of time to plan, and maybe showcase, getting more chance for input from people over multiple time zones.

Timewise, I’m good for pretty much any day after 2pm est.