Home » Forums » Announcements » Waiting Remix Event

Waiting Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Jan 11, 2021 @ 4:09 PM
Waiting Remix Event

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
-Carl Sagan

It feels like we’re all waiting: for a cure; for a vaccine; for a test result; in a food line; for a job; for a check; for a change of power; for healing; for peace; for a better tomorrow.

Who really likes to wait? Tapping a foot with crossed arms, impatiently trying to fill the time with multi-tasking, filling precious seconds with texts, tweets and banter.

Waiting is a moment lost only if it’s not recognized as a pause — in between what has passed and what is arriving. Waiting can be a moment for reflection, for dreaming, for realizing we actually have time, that we’re ready to go — and to let go.

Waiting is like the space between notes, which, the enlightened ones among us observe, without, there would be no music. It’s the space between the notes that make the notes ring clearly.

So pause, breathe deep, count the measures, and get ready to record that audacious melody or rhythm that comes from the depth of your soul. The world is ready and waiting for a new song.

Focus on submitting pells and samples from Jan 11 through Jan 21 and remixes until Jan 31 (submissions of all three are welcome throughout the event).

Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
-Amy Winehouse

PELLS
SAMPLES
REMIXES
Darkroom
permalink   Tue, Jan 12, 2021 @ 9:16 AM
Hope all is well. I can’t wait to get started on something for this event.
Whitewolf
permalink   Tue, Jan 12, 2021 @ 6:44 PM
Looking forward to contributing to this!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Jan 18, 2021 @ 5:55 PM
I was waiting for inspiration to hit, and it did. I read an article about how Millennials are always tired, and why.

Thanks to all you sleepy folks out there, These lyrics and vocals are for you. Sweet Dreams.

I’m Not Tired
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Jan 20, 2021 @ 9:30 AM
The mixes are starting to flow in! No more waiting, lol.

permalink   Kara Square Mon, Jan 25, 2021 @ 3:58 PM
Haha! Hilarious!