Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Starry Night Remix

Starry Night Remix

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Fri, Dec 4, 2020 @ 10:35 PM

Starry Night Remix Event

I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. – Augustine Mandino

Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. - Stephen Hawking

We are made of starstuff. - Carl Sagan

Looking out into the starry night sky from the bedroom window of his self imposed asylum, what did Van Gogh see? His paintings show us a glimpse of his vision — an interpretation of the world through the brushstrokes of an (at the time) unrecognized master.

130 years later, the world is in self isolation, looking out into the night sky. What do we see now, and how will that be interpreted by the artists of today? Of tomorrow?

As 2020 comes to a close and the cycle of another holiday season reaches full circle, the Starry Night Remix Event encourages us to look beyond and paint with sound what we observe in ways that have yet to be understood. The present moment is preserved for the future by those who dare to express themselves with a freedom of spirit that is often not understood by others.

Let’s fill the void with songs that move like a Starry Night.

PELLS
SAMPLES
REMIXES

Event Dates:
December 5th uploads begin
January 5th uploads end

We’d be so grateful for a little extra present this time of year for ccMixter - donate here.

May you have a safe, healthy, peaceful holiday season.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Fri, Dec 11, 2020 @ 12:27 PM

Get in the mood with some songs of old.

Santa In A Snow Globe Playlist

PLAYLIST LINK

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Dec 18, 2020 @ 4:49 PM
great curation J!