skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Catalyst Remix Event

Catalyst Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Tue, Apr 28, 2020 @ 1:29 PM

Join us for the Catalyst Remix Event!

I believe art is a connection, like passing on a flame. ~Wangechi Mutu

Music can be a catalyst. A creative spark lights a flame within an artist, and that emerging, melodic flame lights a spark in another, and then another, and another. Through just one song, countless little lights become ignited — glimmering in the dark.

It may seem like our world is in a dark chapter. For some, there is no light. For others, the promise of tomorrow illuminates the way of hope.

What if this global shutdown is a catalyst for change? What will our future be? Can we envision a better world through music, and by sharing our songs, pass along a flame to ignite the imagination of the collective?

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.
-Nelson Mandela

The Catalyst Remix Event asks us to play a new song, a song that resonates with all the nuance and insight that conveys our experiences of the past, but is also reimagined — to shape a more evolved future.

Each one of us is a note in the symphony of our time. The sounds of our voices will catalyse a new dawn, from the balconies of the present moment.

We’ll focus on contributing pells and samples until May 7, and remixes from May 7-31. But as always, pells, samples and remixes are welcome at any time during the Catalyst Event.

We had an amazing first-ever ccMixter Zoom gathering, and hope to do more in the future. Thank you to all who participated!

PELLS
SAMPLES
REMIXES
Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Apr 28, 2020 @ 2:33 PM
Yes. I love this event concept. I look forward to hearing everyone’s contributions.

AND I’m looking forward to our first Zoom gathering. I want to meet everyone. WOO! Please save the date!

p.s. You can join the Zoom gathering with audio-only instead of video if you like. Please know that you’re totally welcome any way you want to join!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Apr 29, 2020 @ 7:29 AM
I’m looking forward to what emerges from this timely event. Mixters are uniquely skilled at being creative in isolation. This catalyst to spark inspiration is a great way to harmonize our collective and diverse experiences.

While you’re setting up your sessions, or taking a break from editing, take a listen to this recent podcast featuring Javolenus, Whitewolf and Snowflake being interviewed. It resonates with the tone of our community and this event.

ccMixter Blog: The Pandemic Podcast

Stay Healthy and Creative!
Jason

permalink   Speck Thu, Apr 30, 2020 @ 4:23 AM
That’s a great listen, thanks for the link.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Apr 30, 2020 @ 9:25 AM
I really enjoyed “meeting” Javolenus and WhiteWolf! And I always love sharing info about ccMixter. We have the most creative, supportive community on the web.

permalink   Subliminal Thu, Apr 30, 2020 @ 8:39 PM
Listened to it yesterday evening. Nice.

permalink   Joel Frijters Mon, May 4, 2020 @ 8:05 AM
Thanks for sharing! :) Albeit surreal to hear the folk from ccMixter I know and love in their ‘real’ voices it was great to hear genuine appreciation and acknowledgement for great work done! :) Thanks again! :)

permalink   martinsea Wed, May 6, 2020 @ 4:40 AM
Liked this very much and in particular Snowflake s vox & piano. Thanks for everything !
Martin
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Fri, May 22, 2020 @ 5:50 PM
hey everybody,

we’ve heard your requests and are extending the Catalyst Event until May 31st!

there have already been 49 remixes submitted. we are inspired by you.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, May 27, 2020 @ 11:59 AM
Hey Mixters!

We had an amazing first ever ccMixter Virtual Meetup. We plan to do more in the future.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Wed, May 27, 2020 @ 1:01 PM
I’ve RSVP’d!!!

permalink   Kara Square Wed, May 27, 2020 @ 1:42 PM
Awesome! I’m in! Be there or be… SQUARE! Mwahahaha! 😄

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, May 27, 2020 @ 1:56 PM
Registered!

permalink   J.Lang Wed, May 27, 2020 @ 2:22 PM
Registered and looking forward to this.
Enjoy the day and stay safe.

permalink   Joel Frijters Thu, May 28, 2020 @ 7:39 AM
I can’t wait to see/hear you all soon! :D
Cheers!

permalink   Whitewolf Fri, May 29, 2020 @ 7:07 PM
I’ll certainly try to make it!

permalink   vo1k1 Sun, May 31, 2020 @ 10:01 AM
When I use that login information, I get redirected to the registration page. Is it a common, or isolated issue? Thank you!

permalink   vo1k1 Sun, May 31, 2020 @ 10:05 AM
I started a zoom meeting, in case anyone else is having the same issue, https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75403657724?pwd=U2IvWm9xN29QOUJGcmRMbHpBd2FYdz09

permalink   sleeperspaceborn Sun, May 31, 2020 @ 10:36 AM
Quote: vo1k1I started a zoom meeting, in case anyone else is having the same issue, https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75403657724?pwd=U2IvWm9xN29QOUJGcmRMbHpBd2FYdz09

saying the meeting is invalid?

permalink   vo1k1 Sun, May 31, 2020 @ 11:34 AM
I prematurely shut it down. It was great to see you! Love the studio.

permalink   vo1k1 Sun, May 31, 2020 @ 11:35 AM
I really like seeing peoples studios. Myself, I have migrated from very elaborate, to micro-minimalist, and am now some hybrid in-between.

permalink   Snowflake Sun, May 31, 2020 @ 2:59 PM
Sorry for some of the tech hiccups today. It was our first meeting and we will learn more for the next one. Thanks for joining us!

permalink   vo1k1 Mon, Jun 1, 2020 @ 9:47 AM
It was excellent to see everyone. I particularly liked hearing stories on how how people found, and became engaged in, ccmixter (I almost typed millennium falcon). If there is enough interest among those into production, it would be fun to have walkthroughs or breakdowns of a selected remix? I’m always fascinated by other people’s workflow, which could be done with zoom and screen sharing a DAW.

permalink   Kara Square Wed, Jun 3, 2020 @ 11:11 AM
Whoa! What a cool idea!

And it was great to meet you!

permalink   SackJo22 Mon, Jun 1, 2020 @ 12:10 PM
The meetup was splendid! I loved seeing expressive faces, learning real names and being with other mixters.

I look forward to the next one!

I loved hearing everyone’s Catalyst remix selections. You turned me onto tracks I had not yet heard. You reminded us of the expansiveness of our creativity, and how deeply we touch each other through what we share.

I love ccMixter!!!