Branching Out Secret Mixter Sign Ups
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Stupid Tip - maybe someone knows better...(midi guitar related)

Stupid Tip - maybe someone knows better...(midi guitar related)

keytronic
permalink   Mon, Dec 15, 2014 @ 1:49 PM
Ok. So finally I have tried everything and my solution seems to be the only working.

History:
I have spent money for an excellent guitar VST which was recommended by a friend.

When I use it in strumming mode I always had the feeling as if the strum happens a very tiny bit too late - expecially with electronic beats underneath.

So, what I do to get the timing “fit” better - i pull the midi (so the complete bar including the midi bars about 1/64th note to front.

This makes it fit perfectly.
Depending on the strumming time I sometimes go even to 1/32 ahead.

Any suggestions if there is an easier way ? Because editing the midi afterwords is kind of a hell - and move backwords and forward again is really annoying.

greetings from munich
Key
unreal_dm
permalink   Tue, Dec 16, 2014 @ 5:46 AM
Sounds like it may be a latency issue, depending on the DAW you may be able to adjust manually.

permalink   keytronic Fri, Dec 19, 2014 @ 1:48 PM
Yes - found the settings (thanks to this forum) !!

Thanks for your help…
Shelflife
permalink   Wed, Dec 17, 2014 @ 6:02 PM
Some instrument plugins have a “note on” control that sets the timing exactly to the bar to give 100% quantization when the track starts.

Have a look to see if there is a setting like this on your software.

permalink   keytronic Fri, Dec 19, 2014 @ 1:47 PM
Thanks - yep those settings exist and thanks to the forum I found help how and where !!

permalink   keytronic Fri, Dec 19, 2014 @ 1:47 PM
Thanks - yep those settings exist and thanks to the forum I found help how and where !!
phasenwandler
permalink   Thu, Dec 18, 2014 @ 8:15 AM
Instead of dragging the midi bar around you can put a negative delay of a few milliseconds on your guitar track.

I guess most DAWs offer some timing offset on a track-by-track basis. This option can be quite helpful to make instruments with a slower attack like strings fit better into your track.

EDIT: As I’ve seen on your profile page you are working with Studio One: Tweaking MIDI track timings

permalink   keytronic Fri, Dec 19, 2014 @ 1:46 PM
Brilliant !!! Thanks a million….
This helps big times.