Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » SoundCloud group for ccMixter

SoundCloud group for ccMixter

Clarence Simpson
permalink   Wed, Apr 13, 2011 @ 8:10 AM
So, yesterday I decided that I’d also post some of my music on other websites to give it a chance for more exposure. One website that I’ve seen being used more and more these days is SoundCloud, so I decided to go there for starters.

They have social networking features like “following” users and groups, but I noticed there wasn’t a ccMixter group even though I saw a few other ccM users there.

So I made one. If anybody’s on SoundCloud and wants to join the group, it’s here:

http://soundcloud.com/group...
Colin Mutchler
permalink   Sun, Aug 7, 2011 @ 11:06 AM
Glad that there is a Souncloud CCmixter group. I had thought there was going to be deeper integration, as it would be great to be able to export to Soundcloud with retaining the CCmixter metadata to acknowledge sources and sampled info. Anyone working on that?

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Aug 7, 2011 @ 5:22 PM
Yes, we are in discussions with Soundcloud about this very idea. ccMixter has the best metadata and remix history in the world I believe, I think both sites would benefit from collaboration. Thanks for bringing this up.

Any other Soundcloud users out there have comments?

Jason

permalink   Colin Mutchler Sun, Aug 7, 2011 @ 8:51 PM
Excellent. Great to hear. Yeah it seems like a natural collaboration to bring the best cc remix community & data to the current leading user experience for social music. Awesome, if there’s anywhere that you’re publicly sharing progress with the project (ie. blog), please let us know. Thanks again!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Aug 7, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
I’ll post a blog when we’re closer to having details worked out. and I’ll update this thread too. Hopefully soon!