Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » archive.org

archive.org

cdk
permalink   Fri, Jul 15, 2005 @ 4:30 PM
talk about royalty free…. check out all these free public archives for everthing from noise to rag-time…. sweet
victor
permalink   Fri, Jul 15, 2005 @ 4:33 PM
yea, just be careful — just because it’s on the web (or even at the archive) does NOT mean it is legal to sample, leave alone re-license and re-post to the web.

Watch for entries that say NonDerivs — that means no sampling.

Also, much of the concert stuff is off limits for samples or any kind of redistribution on the web.

Just don’t assume…

VS
Southbound Cinema
permalink   Thu, Jul 21, 2005 @ 4:28 PM
My big question is whether we can use some of that public domain sci-fi and horror stuff. I’m sure it’s all up for grabs. Even movies like "Night of the Living Dead" will do, as long as you use the print that didn’t have a copyright notice on it. (I bet Rob Zombie saved Geffen a bunch of financial headaches by using that movie.)

Now, how about some of those Italian horror movies that were released in truncated versions? Argento, Fulci, etc.
Southbound Cinema
permalink   Thu, Jul 21, 2005 @ 5:07 PM
http://www.openflix.com/

"OpenFlix provides a directory of movies commonly thought to be in the public domain and works their owners are willing to let be distributed.

"Public Domain refers to the body of creative works and knowledge in which no person, government or organization has any proprietary interest such as a copyright. These works are considered part of the public cultural heritage and may be freely used by all."

Dude…ROCK.