Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Stick to What I (kinda) Know

Stick to What I (kinda) Know

victor
permalink   Mon, Mar 3, 2008 @ 8:14 PM
On my way to trying solve a buzz in my setup I figured I might as well try a balanced re-wiring technique.

I haven’t held a soldering gun in my hand since 1974. Result: after 1hr 15min all I managed was 2 solders: in the first, I melted the lead of a wire into it’s own plastic insulation because the lead was too long. For the 2nd, having learned my lesson, I shortened the lead and managed to melt the insulation onto the plug with the lead sticking out, not attached to anything, taunting me… like it was sticking its tongue out.
gurdonark
permalink   Tue, Mar 4, 2008 @ 8:17 PM
I know just what you mean. I picked up a soldering iron for the first time in years in an effort to do a routine “add resistance” circuit bend to a little battery keyboard. I felt so proud when I successfully unsoldered the circuit at the place where I wanted to insert the resistance. Then I managed to solder the entire circuitry so poorly that I charred everything. I remembered then why I warp things virtually and not in the analog world. But it is a cool-looking soldering iron I own now.