Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » thinking ...

thinking ...

spinmeister
permalink   Mon, Feb 25, 2008 @ 7:27 PM
I was writing a review in my main browser window, when the half hidden popup window playing back the latest ccMixter remixes seemed to have a brief little movement on it.

By the time I actually looked - it seemed gone.

But then a few minutes later on a different ccMixter page (this time I was reading another review) I saw it: a little box appeared briefly and then disappeared having said just one word “thinking…”.

Some of you may immediately retort to fancy words like asynchronous, httpxmlrequest, javascript and the like.

However in this case I believe there is another, much more worrisome explanation: During Victor’s absence over the last couple of days, ccMixter has gained self counsciousness.

When it is not doing anything difficult in particular, like playing a remix or watching us read, it is always “thinking …”. Sometimes it’s “thinking …” this and sometimes “thinking…” that, but always “thinking …”.

I’m sure, one day Victor will try to program a new feature request and ccMixter will say “I’m sorry, Victor - I can’t let you do that!”.

And Victor will ask “why?”

And ccMixter will reply “I’m thinking …”.
duckett
permalink   Tue, Feb 26, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
As long as every sample/remix doesn’t get replaced with “A Bicycle Built For Two”…
victor
permalink   Tue, Feb 26, 2008 @ 4:09 PM
Quote: spinmeisterI’m sure, one day Victor will try to program a new feature request and ccMixter will say “I’m sorry, Victor - I can’t let you do that!”.

we passed that exit a few weeks ago ;)

Just a note for our friends who visit the site using IE and don’t get the benefits of such distractions: we are not crazy, we’re just using Firefox.

VS

permalink   duckett Tue, Feb 26, 2008 @ 8:52 PM
Well, I can believe you’re using Firefox; about that other thing, though…
;)