Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Request: Jamendo integration

Request: Jamendo integration

Herewave
permalink   Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 1:10 AM
I’m sure some people here are familiar with Jamendo, the music sharing and distribution website. Right now there are 2037 albums released by artists that can be shared under the Attribution, Attribution-Share Alike, Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike, and Attribution-NonCommercial licenses. I think if ccMixter’s goal is to become the Internet hub for CC licensed remixes, then we cannot go without tapping that faucet of creative material, the vast majority of which is beautiful and rich.

I’m glad that ccMixter allows artists to easily cite material from Magnatune, Freesound, and Jamglue, all of which are great resources. However, easy citations for Jamendo are not available; the absence of this tool is a sad occurrence. I kindly ask that the admins of ccMixter discuss with the admins of Jamendo the challenge of integrating the latter’s album pool into ccMixter’s overall sample pool.
victor
permalink   Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 7:15 AM
I’ve been waiting on them to expose their catalog as a sample pool for about a year. Please email this request to Jamendo — they are extremely busy people and if this is made a priority (by virtue of popular request) they might be inspired to move on it (or get really mad at me ;)

VS
victor
permalink   Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 8:32 AM
Just to be clear: everybody thinks this is a good idea so be gentle and respectful when asking them.

It’s about priority and they have issues we here at ccM don’t have to worry so much about: like, you know, making money.